No announcement yet.

Curly top disease

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of curly top disease - or seen anything like it. hope your toms ourgrow it and do well.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I believe i have Found out my tom problem .The other day I had a family member helping me outside .Asked them to weed the drive I didn't think for 1 min they would load up a pump sprayer with weedkiller >< and not just use my watering can MARKED FOR WEEDKILLER . Anyway I guess insects might of passed on to my G/H plants etc... But i think they should be fine (hope) . Can't say the same about the ones in this pic that was on the drive

Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Originally posted by davefromthechipie View Post
        I believe i have Found out my tom problem .The other day I had a family member helping me outside .Asked them to weed the drive I didn't think for 1 min they would load up a pump sprayer with weedkiller >< and not just use my watering can MARKED FOR WEEDKILLER . Anyway I guess insects might of passed on to my G/H plants etc... But i think they should be fine (hope) . Can't say the same about the ones in this pic that was on the drive

The ones on the drive look like glyphosate (weedkiller) damage. This chemical causes the sprayed plants to put on a spurt of distorted growth before they die. When I ask someone to do weeding, I expect them to do it by hand!! If it's the same sort of damage in the greenhouse, then I suspect the water supply may have been contaminated by weedkiller (unwashed hands or using a watering can that has at some time contained weedkiller?) It's extremely unlikely to be insects.

Comment

I am growing marmande and gardeners delight in b&q builders buckets, next to each other. The GD have got very tightly curled tops, but the marmande haven't, so I don't think it can be a virus or they would all have it. the GD have got a fair few flower trusses on them, but its hard to see how the fruit will flourish unless they decide to straighten up!
          Never say never!

Comment

I'm growing about 10 beef toms in containers and 1/2 growbags and 1 has decided to curl under and into itself. The rest seem to be ok though.
            "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."
            Dolly Parton.

Comment

Howdy,

I have a few plants with these symptoms (please see pic). Is there anything I can or should do?

curly leaved tomato plant

I also have some spring onions that have a case of 'cat's butt disease' caused by laziae magnusum pussum cattum bug:

cat's butt disease

?!
              Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X