Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato panic

Hi all.

Heeellllppp please!!! i have come in from work to find my spuds flattened as f a tornado has gone through the middle of them! what do I do? should i stake them back up? they are nowhere near ready (planted 25th May) I had two stalks fall over on Sunday n heavy rain, I just put in a couple of canes and fastened them to stand them back up - they are still standing.

Any ideas please?

Ta
    saffron

Hello Safron, I've seen potatoes in fields like that and the farmers don't seem to bother, but I would stick in a few canes and prop the potatoes up.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

my mum flattened half of a row of mine trying to trim the hedge behind them but the leaves are still green so ive left them and 1 month on they are still alive

Comment

I had that once when a cat went chasing something through them. There should be no harm to the spuds, tie them up only if you need them to look neat otherwise they'll be fine.
        Liam

Latest garden pics (16th April 2006)

Comment

thanks everyone for your replies, i am going to bank them up a bit and hope for the best.

saffron

Comment

My pup has managed to squash ALL my spud plants this afternoon! Wretched animal! I am hoping that they will continue to grow in spite of them being rather the worse for wear!

Comment

Hi Saffron, earth them up and this will help to steady them. Don't think they will have suffered any damage.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

This has happened to a few of mine. I'm growing them in pots so figured that perhaps they'd just got so tall they couldn't support themselves properly. Some have perked up after a while and other than the real doggler treading all over them I don't think they've suffered too much.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X