X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    Wow.
    I am so jealous.
    Not your friend anymore. (unless I beat you to the First Broad Bean!)
    From what you've said so far, I think you will. My Autumn sown Sutton are covered in flowers but no little bean wags so far as I can see.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      I have planted single Winston spuds in an 8" pot so hopefully there won't be much compost that doesn't have spuds in it!
      Go for it lad!

Actually - where does the compost go? My compost level in the pot remained the same yet I took out a whole whack of spuds. I know they use the nutrients but THAT MUCH? They must be eating it!
      Last edited by Flummery; 13-05-2008, 08:07 AM. Reason: Had a think!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi Demeter,

They are Maris Piper. I must have planted them towards the end of March, maybe as late as first week of April.

Any help is really appreciated.

Comment

Stuart Maris piper are a maincrop potato & take about 20-22 weeks until they crop so they should be ready around the end of August/beginning of September. As they're a maincrop you generally harvest them after they've flowered.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I think I planted waaay too many chitted seed potatoes in my pot - there are an awful lot of leaves. I've been thinking about sinking the pot into the group so I can earth up the stems even more - is this a good idea or not?

Thankyou!!

Jennifer
            Whilst typing the above reply, I was probably supposed to be doing homework. My excuse: I'm hooked!

Comment

Thanks SueA. I'm a real newbie, but now see why people have an early crop too!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X