No announcement yet.

Carrots in containers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am growing carrots to eat not to win any prizes for the shape of them.
    joanne geldard

Comment

Originally posted by JO,JO View Post
      i am growing carrots to eat not to win any prizes for the shape of them.
      Agreed, but I would like to just once grow a 'straight' carrot

Comment

I wasn't so worried about the shape until i tried peeling one with about 8 different roots; I think dinner was ready before I'd got halfway round. Ended up chucking it for the pitiful amount of actual carrot.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone!

I'll stick to just one variety per tub, and think I'll plant Paris Market 1st, then Chantenay a few weeks later, then finally the Rainbow Mix ones - is that a good idea?

I also have an unopened packet of Autumn King from last year that I may sow once the Paris Market ones are done if there's enough time - when is the latest I could sow these?

Incidentally, I've heard of Parmex - is that the same as Paris Market i.e. an abbreviation, or just a similar rounded type?

Thanks again

Comment

Confused

Hi, I have just bought some chantonnay carrot plants, they were in a long container, I have just replanted them in a garden tub however, when splitting the plants it was very difficult to see how many plants there were as all the roots were intertwined, I have done what I thought is right but does anyone have any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by *Lavender* View Post

Incidentally, I've heard of Parmex - is that the same as Paris Market i.e. an abbreviation, or just a similar rounded type?

Thanks again

I think they are different,i've grown parmax, for a couple of years, reasonably successful in shallow soil,they are short and stubby.
              DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X