No announcement yet.

Effin Parsnips!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jennie - I can only assume that the roots didn't get enough nutrient. They enjoy a heavier, richer soil that carrots, ideally, though I'm sure they are often grown together on a patch. A couple of top-dressings of fertiliser during the year should help.

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
      I started mine off on wet kitchen roll (warm water) then covered the dish with cling film. A good proportion of them germinated, and I still have some left despite my best efforts to cook them in full sun in the mini greenhouse
      The other thing I did - don't know if it helped, was to put the dish very close to my wood burner whilst it was on - do you have a boiler or somewhere warm where you could put them? I think they need sunlight too though.
      I've done all this. Still nothing happening. The ones I put in loo rolls in the cold greenhouse have come through though, so I may have to wait a while - I should have germination by Xmas, shouldn't I ?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

On my third attempt.... thinking it might be easier to just roast the seeds. Another parsnip, Vicar...?
        bb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X