No announcement yet.

How do you sow your carrots?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a Wolf Garden seed drill for carrots for an even sowing, could never get the hang of trickling seed through my fingers

Comment

today I've sown carrot seeds (tendersnax) in a tub propped up on bricks. The height is now 22". I'm hoping the dreaded carrot fly won't find them up there

Comment

i got clay soil will try that idea with a v filled with sand and compost
        question is; wat kind of sand and compost would you use ?

many thanks

john

Comment

Have sown mine in rows in a raised bed with sides about a foot high and a frame about another 2 feet high covered with micro mesh. Hoping a total 3 foot barrier is high enough to keep out the carrot root fly. Started some carrots of in pots in Jan and planted them out in Feb in the raised bed. the rest have been direct sown and all 6 rows are up. They are early nantes, kingston, jeanette, autumn king and cant remember the other two. Also have half a dozen pots in the garden with carrots in and am hoping to have my first carrots next month.

Comment

first time of growing carrots so wish me luck,this carrot fly sounds a nightmare,i have not got an allotment my allotment is one side of my back garden do you think because i am not on an allotment i have a bit more chance of carrot fly not coming!
            joanne geldard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X