cucumbers in flower

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cucumbers in flower

I have 3 passandra f1 all female cue's plants,with quite a few mini cue's growing from the stems,with 1 in full flower on each of the plants,i cannot post any pictures as it is out of my depth ,is this usual for this time of the year?,2 are on the floor of the lounge,in front of the patio doors,facing east,1 on a table top,about 4 feet from a west facing window,and radiator,this plant has romped on ahead of the other two at almost 2ft,have heard said they do not need pollinating?,i am also aware that they are an indoor type,and like a moist air,they are only in 61/2 inch pots at the mo,was going to put them into the big flower buckets,but no sign of them being pot bound,,the seeds were planted end jan, begining feb.
    this is the first year i have grown this early,i usually go with market more,tried tellegraph improved last year in the green house ,was a disaster,all the fruit were bitter ,so want to do right this year,
    I would appretiate any advice please,thank you in advance,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Seems very early too me . But remove the male flowers or your get bitter cucs again

EDIT sorry il change this iv not grown this type before so not 100% wouldnt want to give bad advice .. but still id remove them
    Last edited by davefromthechipie; 10-04-2008, 08:23 PM.
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

there are no male flowers present at all,the info on back of the packet says, male flowerers can appear if under stress conditions,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

thank you davefromthechipie,for replying to my quiery,seeing as no more advice forthcoming,i will put them into their final pot with some good support,water & feed,see what happens,and maybe put into the cold green house in a few weeks,say end may,i am so gob smacked at the flowers,they must like the positions they in,or they would be producing male flowers,the little cuks are 3/4 inch long and growing,with lots more smaller ones coming along,will just have to wait and see,thanks again.

Comment

I grew passandra last year they were great no pllination needed at all and just kept cropping and cropping all season.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

thanks for that crichmond

Comment

I grew them last year also and they were indeed great with no need to remove any flowers but I won't be sowing my seeds for a couple of weeks yet so am obviously a long way off flowering!!!!!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

i just hope mine will be ok alison,and good luck with yours

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X