bolting spinach

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolting spinach

i think my spinach is bolting. its getting tall very quickly and not growing more leaves. they are pretty small still and have been outside for about a week having been started in the greenhouse for no real reason. they are watered well so they only thing i can think of is that maybe they need more sunlight as they are partly shaded although the other variety of spinach is fine..any ideas?

Maybe it's just growing Leona, but if it does bolt it's probably due to weather. It has got very hot, very suddenly. Shame, but it's fast growing so you can plant some more.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

yeah i have planted more. i put 2 in a growbag and they are looking pretty miserable but they are in direct sun. honestly, who knew spinach was such high maintenence!

Comment

Hello Leona, what kind of spinach are you growing. If it is fussy for you , try spinach beet. It's quick germinating and growing and can be put to all the same uses. I grew it in a growbag ( just cut the bag open and sprinkled the seed over the surface) I had more than enough spinach for the whole summer and enough to freeze to get me through the winter for soups and stews. Mmmmm! Curried lamb and spinach. That's what I like about winter.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

im growing spinach beet and thats fine. i think its bordeaux thats not worked but ive tried again

Comment

my bordeaux also bolted

Comment

I always used to get bolting spinach so now only grow chard which is just as versatile, looks better, stands well and doesnt bolt nearly as readilly as spinach.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X