No announcement yet.

Aubergines

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine seem too do that as well, I think it is too much heat as they were like that today and my greenhous got to over 40 degrees, I know its not down to watering as mine are in an autopot system that makes sure the plant always has water.
    I have several fruit forming now and several flowers open on each plant and also several flower buds developing on each plant.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Obviously worth growing them early, then! Mine have grown well in an unheated greenhouse but am only just getting buds on them. Has the hydroponic system done its job? Let us know when you harvest the fruit!

Comment

I've just got first fruit forming.

To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Ive had about 10 full size fruit off so far.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Pictures please? On the plant, so you can't just nip down the supermarket!

Comment

I'm down to 2 healthy plants as one of them was very susceptible to over watering and kept flopping and would not recover. The other two are a lot stronger. The first one has one fruit growing nicely (picture to follow) and about 5-6 flowers that look like they'll form nicely. The other one has about 5-6 flowers/buds on them. It's strange that the first one has a fruit on it so far ahead of teh other flowers on it.

Anyway, I read somewhere that you need to break off the growing tips after about 5-6 fruits. Is that correct? Mine are moneyMakers.

Cheers

Syanide

Comment

Originally posted by syanide
                Anyway, I read somewhere that you need to break off the growing tips after about 5-6 fruits. Is that correct? Mine are moneyMakers.

Cheers

Syanide
                I've read that too. I never have though so can't advise.

Comment

So what do you do? Just let nature take it's course and let the plant grow and fruit as much as it wants to?

Are the fruits not compromised as a result? I'm not criticising, just curious. Believe me, my Aubs are my pride and joy and would love them to carry on....

(ps - what's their lifespan if you just let them grow?)
                  (pps - Is a 10" pot ok for the rest of their life?)

Cheers

Syanide

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X