No announcement yet.

Pricking out Brassicas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always do it with my tomatoes, partly because i always let them get too leggy before i pot them on, and also because i pot them from 3/4 in pots into their final positions in 12 inch whoppas. I've not found it reduces the crop at all - in fact i always have far too many tomatoes!
    I get decent crops too, but I think we are hardly doing a controlled experiment here. Dropping them down does affect the behaviour/ growth of the plant, but it is not significant for most of us.

What I am saying is that it is not ideal to grow leggy plants and repot them at a deeper level, notwithstanding the fact that it is sometimes necessary because we are too eager to get going

Comment

Re the brassicas, I made an awful hash of these in my first year, not one was standing up straight... I think it was Snadger who put me right, bury the seedlings to first leaves and FIRM the soil - when you're potting on and also when planting out.
      Oh, the joy of having a row of cabbages as straight as soldiers - so proud!

Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X