Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grasser View Post
    could someone tell me how to start
    Hi and welcome to the vine. To start a thread you need to go to the 'quick links' then 'mark forums read'. Select the section you want to start a thread in - the one most appropriate to your question (if you get it wrong the lovely admin peeps will relocate it so don't worry too much). Then when you open that section you will see a 'box' labelled start new thread. Click that then give the thread a title and post your question.

There you go - clear as the mud we all have in our gardens just now Good luck!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

From the homepage (the Grapevine link top left) chose your thread, for instance 'Vegging Out' (where we are now). At the top of the page on the left just under the 1st advert is a link saying 'new thread' - click on that and fill in the stuff as you want with title/topic etc.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Ger-annie-um View Post
        Help please. Last year I grew some mini cucumbers very successfully in the greenhouse, I think they were Cucino but I can only remember that they might have been freebies from a promotion and were advertised as 'Lunchbox' cucs. I've tracked down the seed but it's £3.00 for 4 seeds + pp, out of reach for me as I need to grow about 12 plants (helping out elderly parents and neighbours). Anyone any idea of a good alternative. We liked these because they were quite thin skinned and mum didn't suffer from indigestion after eating them.
        try gherkins u will get plenty from a few plants thought i had plenty of seed to give away but when i looked the packet was empty

Comment

have just found another packet if u would like some they have been sent from france carnt read french dont know type

Comment

Hello Ger - Annie - Um, Cucumber Lemon did well outdoors for me last summer in a really miserable summer. They make small, round cucumbers about the size of tennis balls. Seeds were 50p a packet from Alan Roman. I'm giving them another go.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Last summer I grew cucumber Passandra which is described as a small cucumber (6-7") from Simpsons Seeds (£ 2.70for 5 seeds). It grew very well and produced lots of cucmbers (didn't keep track of how many). I notice in Simpsons catalogue that they also do Cucino (2.60 for 5 seeds).

Comment

Sorry for hijacking this thread, just a quick question. Can a gherkin be grown to be like normal cucumber? However I'm only interested if it still taste like cucumber without the average cucumber size, more like upto 5" long only if that's possible. Thanks.
                Food for Free

Comment

i grow gherkins to pickle but they are just as nice eaten like a cucumber they have small prickles on them i think this puts people off but u just rub them off they will grow to the size of half a used loo roll if u let them for pickling i pick them small
                  on very hot days they can grow suddenly from the size of your small finger to half a loo roll in one day they grow well outside down here i would say better than in a greenhouse (maybe the root gets more water out side )but they realy grow when its hot they do say though that u should let them grow quite big other wise they can be bitter

Comment

Originally posted by Woofster View Post
                    Last summer I grew cucumber Passandra which is described as a small cucumber (6-7") from Simpsons Seeds (£ 2.70for 5 seeds). It grew very well and produced lots of cucmbers (didn't keep track of how many). I notice in Simpsons catalogue that they also do Cucino (2.60 for 5 seeds).
                    I grew passandra and some of them were huge, average in length but collosal in girth!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I grew passandra as well I had a great crop off 4 plants, luckily I dint plant them in the polytunnel until after the flooding last summer.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X