My Wilko seed potatoes!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janco View Post
    Sounds like Wilkos is a good place to buy cheap seeds etc. I've just looked it up and am I right in thinking it's actually called Wilkinsons? If so then none in Cornwall that I can find and I don't venture out of county much!

That's it Janco. You've probably already seen it but there's store finder here:

Wilkinson Plus - About Us - Store Locator
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
      That's it Janco. You've probably already seen it but there's store finder here:

Wilkinson Plus - About Us - Store Locator
      Many thanks for the link Seahorse, i didn't realise i had a wilko store within 8 miles from me. Now i can do what you lot are doing. and go spend some money on Lottie essentials
      "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Originally posted by vegnut View Post
        Many thanks for the link Seahorse, i didn't realise i had a wilko store within 8 miles from me. Now i can do what you lot are doing. and go spend some money on Lottie essentials
        Just don't complain to me when your wallet catches fire!
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post
          Hi Minty, I was in the Derby city centre wilkos on Monday & didn't see any of the things you listed - which store do you use?
          Hi buddy, I use the store about 3 miles from the city centre in a place called Allenton. Very supprised the main city store had not got them on display. Hope this helps, Minty
          " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can't say what a relief it is to see other people are as addicted to buying Wilko's plants as me!!! We bought a couple of redcurrants at the weekend because they were such a bargain and I'm already saving jam jars in anticipation of this summer's harvest.

But I think it's worth checking before you buy. I got 2 bare rooted plum trees last year for £5 each. One is doing great, the other stubbornly refused to come to life although I lavished it with TLC. From now on I'll always scratch a bit of bark to check trees are green and alive before I buy anything. I think it's brilliant that shops like Wilko's are making people see how easy (and rewarding) it is to GYO.

Can anyone recommend any other good places to find bargain plants?

Comment

Originally posted by jeannine View Post
              Can anyone recommend any other good places to find bargain plants?
              Yeah, we're all addicted to Wilko one way or another. Other cheap stores that are supposed to sell bargain plants are Poundland, Woolworths, InStore or Poundstretcher, Lidl, Aldi, maybe Netto.
              Food for Free

Comment

I got a cherry tree from tesco's last year for £6.00 hoping for some blossom this year.

Again Lidl & Aldi do great limited offers. If you google both and use store finder on their sites, you can sign up to offers at your local store.
                However grapes on here are so quick off the mark they tend to let everybody know what goodies are available.

Start Saving.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                  Just don't complain to me when your wallet catches fire!
                  Don't worry Seahorse, i won't hold you responsible for my demise
                  "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X