No announcement yet.

Daftest veg/seeds you've ever bought?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whereabouts in the East Mids are you? If its SNotts then thats pretty dangerous!

Strike that, I know where you live, I've got an envelope with your address on. You're on the quiet side of EM. We used to live in Derby & Derbyshire - but as I get older I find northern weather too cold! We're trying to head sarf!
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 31-12-2007, 06:12 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I am the queen of stupid purchases - not because the veg/ fruit is strange or exotic, but because there is no way I am going to have the space or conditions to grow certain things.

... but I keep buying the seed... in hope.

It's some kind of denial or delusion, I'm not sure which

Take, for example, the packet of japanese radish seed I bought. I don't like radish, I don't have deep soil and I have nowhere to grow them. Why did I buy them? No idea.

Comment

Try a few in a deep pot, Cutecumber. The seeds are so big you can sow them individually. They're really gorgeous.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Cutecumber View Post
          ... but I keep buying the seed... in hope.
          I know exactly what your on about there, I buy every time I see some. I now have a filing cabinet drawer full of packets and the sad thing is I ordered some more over the christmas period online (from several websites).

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Critchmond,

I've only been veg gardening for one year and I already have a big box full of seeds and no idea what to do with them yet. Still, I'll keep asking silly questions of the more experienced grapes - they reckon they don't mind
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I knew I should have gone to bed when the wife did tonight, I just spent another £25 on seeds. Oh well that should cover me for the next 20 years with what I already have, but I already know that I am bound to buy more in the future.

Cheers Chris
              Last edited by crichmond; 07-01-2008, 01:50 AM.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X