Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I plant asparagus & rhubarb crowns now?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks SueA
    When we arrived this year and saw it growing in the Lawn there was masses of it so I really do hope the move wont kill it. If you want to live in a croft come on up to Orkney

Comment

You probably have the same sort of rhubarb we have here in Shetland Diana. I think mine has been in the ground about that time and I generally hack bits away each year to try and thin it out and it always grows back just as well. I think it is our only local fruit! (I know its not considered a fruit, but you know what I mean .........)
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hi Jennie

I live in hopes, I will let you know next spring.

A lot of people here seem to grow raspberry's in thier polytunnels so I am going to have a go in my walled garden when we get the roof off of the barn.

BLOWING A GALE HERE

Comment

If you lose your rhubarb Diana I'll send you a bit!

Yes raspberries do well here too and I am told gooseberries - I got three on one of my three new plants this year, but I live in hopes for next year!

Been windy here too this afternoon and bloomin heavy rain showers - sorry this is the wrong thread for this Send a moderator in ..........
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X