X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Growing Adventures

Hello All,

First year of growing and I just wanted share my first crop with you all as big thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	549ea0eb-51ce-4b2f-b27c-b57a224deee0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	2408360

I have been on this forum for few months now and all advice has been great, great community! I will be posting the rest of my success/ failures here to keep in one location for future reference, please feel free to move this thread if its in the wrong place.

Also could you help me identify this:

Name:	32e94a9e-0513-4d6b-b743-5d4f47f9a276.jpg
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	2408361

I ended up throwing some failed propagator seeds in raised bed outside and i cannot remember what it was and this has grown, is it a weed?

Thanks
    GH

Enjoy the salad!
    Re the second picture, I would classify that as weed. Got the same popping up in my beds.

Comment

Well done . Keep the pics coming.

Looks like chick weed ?
      Northern England.

Comment

That's definitely a weed. However, did you sow some carrots? There are quite a lot of seedlings in that photo that might (or might not) be carrots. Carrot seed can take up to a month to germinate so it is possible that you thought they had failed when they hadn't.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Well done GH, I love my salads too First year of growing is so exciting, and even better when you can share experiences on here. As Melanie says, I think your second pic is a weed, I have a few of those
          All at once I hear your voice
          And time just slips away
          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Ahh damn, bloody weeds yes i think it is chickweed. Weeds seem to grow so very quick, i thought they wouldn't in the new planters, must've been in the topsoil i got in.

Yes they're are carrots sewn 3 different varieties over month ago so yes taking there time.

Comment

Quite a few plants put in the greenhouse today, risky.

Name:	9e0d275c-c53b-4127-b494-22cf74a742ec.jpg
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	2387142

Name:	22f0c1a6-6b90-4b73-91ce-225169eb6563.jpg
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	2387143

Name:	50109983-77d7-428f-94ca-6f2a83d8c1dc.jpg
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	2387144

Added power to shed and got a socket put in the GH. Only a little temp heater in there atm hopefully will do enough to fight off the cold and everything is okay.

Name:	1f852e62-c5a9-44c6-aafa-63347525d876.jpg
Size:	486.3 KB
ID:	2387145

Name:	23e2243a-ec9f-433b-b4ae-55803d86b85f.jpg
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	2387147
              Raspberries and strawberries coming along, ones near GH starting to flower.

Name:	2be97a25-2f91-4dd5-8ce7-e6b073e2ea72.jpg
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	2387146

Name:	e75ec5a3-04f0-4084-bed5-70e36fa4d283.jpg
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	2387148
              Something eating the Broccoli i think.

Name:	f9f67464-58a3-4a2c-acc9-cc3829229735.jpg
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	2387149
              Again risking it with the climbing and runner beans.

At least the house is looking a bit less like a jungle.
              Last edited by ghexton; 04-05-2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Wow organised there. Well done .
                Northern England.

Comment

Well done on the salads. As others have already said, the second picture is mostly chickweed, a bit of a pest in the beds but it is edible and some folk add it to salads.

Comment

Hello All,
                    Im going to post this all in one place questions, greenhouse door views the lot. Lost patience with forum load times ect, the update wasnt great IMO.Feel a few users my have migrated, i hope not. So ill get into it, ive taken a lot of pictures i will ask my questions as i go. this maybe very mixed up order sorry.

Hanging basket - tumbling tom i think, with snapped of step in kitchen in water. it worth keeping the basket both alive?

Basket 2 with 2 tumbling tom in, seems to be doing okay.

​​Main flower bed with some 145cm sunnys

​Outside planter 1 salad, love this would defiantly grow again so easy, use it everyday

Quad grow 1 - planted up outside today.
                    2x marketmore cucumber- 1 with fruit both look a little tatty around the edges.
                    1x red alert tomato
                    1x armature tomato
                    Will fill up with water next week.

​Moved out the greenhouse today.
                    2x tiny tim showing some lovely little green toms. Personal fav love the bushyness of the plants, really stocky
                    1x Red alert tomato- looks okay bit weaker than the one in the quad grow.

View from the greenhouse door:
                    ​ quite bit of change from a month ago.

Name:	bd06d3b1-075b-40b2-bec4-7215f72cdc33.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	2497123
                    Back left 4 of Gh
                    2x black cherry tom
                    2x gd tom
                    Very bush plants, not sure whether to thin the leaves out at the bottom, also stopped taking the little branch things out, and they now sprouting everywhere even from the base, one plant is starting to fruit, was expecting a few more tbh.

Front left
                    Crystal lemon cucumber
                    di luca tom
                    Sweet pepper California- will this need canes
                    cucamelon- ive wrapped this around a cane it looks very fragile is this right?
                    and 4 more peppers, not sure what to do with these, would they be okay outside?
                    i cannot remember what the little random plant is on the end, but growin it any way. ha

​ back right of GH
                    2 melon- these look really bad, ive tried to train them with no luck, think i wll swap them for other melons in buckets on the floor that look more healthy, is this a good idea?

​ cucumber ashley- ties it self to bleeding everything, i have to un tie it from plants and put it back on canes, not sure if this hurts it little tentacles, and sweet pepper cali

​ Front right in gh.
                    more cucumber ashelys and tomato money maker and di luca i think.
                    Next year i will put all the cumbers together they like to stick to everything and try and escape out of the windows.

with the replacement melons and 1 tomato in front.

Oh and also chilis in middle and back middle, only one big jim fruiting atm.
                    I also have more pallet collars full of strawberry, raspberries, onions, climbing beans and runner beans, onions and other bits which i need to take photos of for another times. Look forward to you advice, if you think im doing something wrong, or missing on pruning ect let me know, because i dont have a clue just going with what i feel is right atm, which is mainly just water and water.
                    thanks all.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ghexton; 27-05-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I am not seeing any pictures

Comment

Ohh damn, it wouldn't let me post it as I had to many attachments but still let me upload them, ffs. So I c and p to another tab and it posted. It seems to work on mine but a few pics are duplicates.

Comment

Hello All,
                          Im going to post this all in one place questions, greenhouse door views the lot. Lost patience with forum load times ect, the update wasnt great IMO.Feel a few users my have migrated, i hope not. So ill get into it, ive taken a lot of pictures i will ask my questions as i go. this maybe very mixed up order sorry.

Hanging basket - tumbling tom i think, with snapped of step in kitchen in water. it worth keeping the basket both alive?

Basket 2 with 2 tumbling tom in, seems to be doing okay.

​​Main flower bed with some 145cm sunnys

​Outside planter 1 salad, love this would defiantly grow again so easy, use it everyday

Quad grow 1 - planted up outside today.
                          2x marketmore cucumber- 1 with fruit both look a little tatty around the edges.
                          1x red alert tomato
                          1x armature tomato
                          Will fill up with water next week.

​Moved out the greenhouse today.
                          2x tiny tim showing some lovely little green toms. Personal fav love the bushyness of the plants, really stocky
                          1x Red alert tomato- looks okay bit weaker than the one in the quad grow.

View from the greenhouse door:
                          ​ quite bit of change from a month ago.

​ [ATTACH=CONFIG]n2497123[/ATTACH]
                          Back left 4 of Gh
                          2x black cherry tom
                          2x gd tom
                          Very bush plants, not sure whether to thin the leaves out at the bottom, also stopped taking the little branch things out, and they now sprouting everywhere even from the base, one plant is starting to fruit, was expecting a few more tbh.

Front left
                          Crystal lemon cucumber
                          di luca tom
                          Sweet pepper California- will this need canes
                          cucamelon- ive wrapped this around a cane it looks very fragile is this right?
                          and 4 more peppers, not sure what to do with these, would they be okay outside?
                          i cannot remember what the little random plant is on the end, but growin it any way. ha

​ back right of GH
                          2 melon- these look really bad, ive tried to train them with no luck, think i wll swap them for other melons in buckets on the floor that look more healthy, is this a good idea?

​ cucumber ashley- ties it self to bleeding everything, i have to un tie it from plants and put it back on canes, not sure if this hurts it little tentacles, and sweet pepper cali

​ Front right in gh.
                          more cucumber ashelys and tomato money maker and di luca i think.
                          Next year i will put all the cumbers together they like to stick to everything and try and escape out of the windows.

with the replacement melons and 1 tomato in front.

Oh and also chilis in middle and back middle, only one big jim fruiting atm.
                          I also have more pallet collars full of strawberry, raspberries, onions, climbing beans and runner beans, onions and other bits which i need to take photos of for another times. Look forward to you advice, if you think im doing something wrong, or missing on pruning ect let me know, because i dont have a clue just going with what i feel is right atm, which is mainly just water and water.
                          thanks all.

Comment

can you see them images? they work for me.
                            Also are melons climbers?

Comment

I can see the photo of the tomato plant gardeners delight or black cherry,yes I’d remove the lower leaves to help airflow/stops leaves getting wet when watered. Another thing you asked about peppers,I always grow sweet peppers outside in pots with my tomatoes,I don’t have a greenhouse,they need a sunny spot. Try posting a little at a time?
                              Edit yes melons can be tied to bamboo canes etc,they need a net hammock with the weight once the melons are growing bigger.
                              Last edited by Jungle Jane; 27-05-2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X