X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd French Bean Seedling

Hi All,
    Me again... :-)

I have a very strange looking seedling that has appeared - see picture.

The bean has opened up and where the leafs should be (and are on the others) there is a stub and it looks like it hasn't formed properly - anyone come across this before?

My instinct says to discard this one, but was hoping you fab people will tell me its ok and leaves will grow sometime...

Click image for larger version

Name:	frenchbeans1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	2408350

I would discard this one it looks as if it is ‘blind’ that is no growing point.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

This happens sometimes. It's a dud. It'll never grow any further, so just toss it.

Comment

Thanks both, oh well now I know.
        A few doing well and a few a bit behind them but I think I shall germinate some extra for insurance while I still can then.

Comment

I have got a runner bean seedling that came up like that and then started showing signs of budding around the point where it is coming out from between the seed halves. If it does come up I might be tempted to plant it in an odd corner where I am not intending to grow anything at the moment.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X