sweetcorn spacing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweetcorn spacing

Had been planning to put 8 sweetcorn swift in my raised bed in a block pattern. It is the shape of a quarter circle - so 2 straight side and one curved. Of course having now put 10 seeds in pots to get 8 all of them have now germinated. I hate to kill a plant that has made the effort to grow so now wondering if I could squeeze in the 10. Was working on spacing of at least 30cm each direction. Any thoughts?

Don't sweat a few cm of spacing. Move a few, take big spadefuls and squeeze them up a bit and fit the last ones in. If you can't bring yourself to move them just stick the last couple in somewhere. Closer spacing just means more feeding and watering needed and neater weeding.
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

I agree with quanglewangle, jiggle them about and pop the extra two in. Homegrown sweetcorn is simply too good to throw them away. The more the better!
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Yup that's what I was hoping people would say. Didn't think it was one where squeezing a couple extra would effect the result. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X