Any recommendations for economical growlights

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomanytommytoes View Post
    Our sunny windowsills are already full or will be when the tomatoes get going in March, so the only light our peppers/chillies get is from the grow lights. They are on 16 hours a day at the moment. When we start getting warm enough day time temperatures, the plants go into the greenhouse during daylight hours.
    Thanks tmtt
    Cheers

Danny

Comment

Thank you all for all of the links and advice so far. I'll be placing my Led light/s this weekend, I'm very excited.

Comment

I've ended up going cheap and cheerful. I got a daylight bulb to fit into my reading lamp at home. 6500K, 470 Lumens, I may even splurge and get a bulb for a second lamp

Comment

Hello all,

https://www.toolstation.com/philips-...al-lamp/p79158

Will the above bulb be okay to bring my little seedling a little better?

Thanks

Comment

Hey Ghexton, the link says that it is warm white, which is normally 2700k and too warm, which I've only just learn't. TMT, SS and others pointed me in the direction of looking for a cooler light temp of 4000- 6500k, and minimum 100 lumens, or a Daylight Bulb. I ended up getting a Daylight bulb, 6500k and 470 lumens. Screwfix have them, but I'm not sure if they have the bulb size e27
            Last edited by chillithyme; 02-03-2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Wilko have this daylight bulb, it doesn't state the temp, I think I saw this in store too and it was 4000k. I think that this should be ok?
              Not sure if you have a wilko nearby

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-1-...bulb/p/0437674
              Last edited by chillithyme; 02-03-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I ended up getting two. Thanks at chillityme il keep the ones on the right. And return the others.
                https://ibb.co/GF9M0ph

Comment

These are probably one of the better E27 bulbs out at the moment, I don't know if they are available in high street shops. 121 lumens/watt to give a total of 1521 lumens. For comparison, my lights currently use fluorescent tubes which put out 1575 lumens using almost twice the power (24W).

https://www.any-lamp.co.uk/philips-c...-replaces-100w

Comment

Hi folks, I know it's probably a bit late for grow lights at this stage, but just thought I'd mention the one I've used this year with good success so far-- it's a livarno lux 8.5 watt led daylight lamp, just the right size for an a4 (I guess) seed tray. I've had it on a few early tomatoes and chillies, did really good job of stopping them going leggy. I bought a really big one on amazon last year, I think it was 300w led, it was total overkill tough and turned the spare room into a tanning salon! I'll stick up a couple of pics in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by hop-a-long View Post
                      Hi folks, I know it's probably a bit late for grow lights at this stage, but just thought I'd mention the one I've used this year with good success so far-- it's a livarno lux 8.5 watt led daylight lamp, just the right size for an a4 (I guess) seed tray. I've had it on a few early tomatoes and chillies, did really good job of stopping them going leggy. I bought a really big one on amazon last year, I think it was 300w led, it was total overkill tough and turned the spare room into a tanning salon! I'll stick up a couple of pics in a bit.
                      You mean like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	B118071B-2392-43BD-9DB3-CE55F02D86DC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	2386477

Nothing is overkill for my chilli babies

Comment

You could always start up tanning salon HaL

SP it looks like you've got a light sabre in there too, light and protection for the chilli babies

Comment

I've got a bit of a silly question. My lamp states that I can use an up to a 9w cfl bulb, I thought that I could use upto a 9w led replacement ( mine is a 6w led in there at the moment).
                          However I saw a different lamp in a shop that stated that it takes up to a 9w cfl bulb, but only up to 6 w led bulb? Any ideas why, difference in wattage between a cfl and led bulb that is?
                          Last edited by chillithyme; 09-03-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X