No announcement yet.

Grow your own Sweet Potato Slips...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I potted up 3 of the 4 surviving Beauregard slips yesterday. the fourth has been removed from the scrap of tuber and put to root in water. Once these slips have grown a bit I'll take cuttings to increase my stock to plant out in a hotbed.

I tried uploading a picture several times but it has caused Chrome to crash twice and the rest of the time it goes through the motions of uploading then the page goes unresponsive, so I gave up.

I've scrounged some used decking boards and 3 nice big double glazed sashes to make the frame for the hotbed. I would have liked to get it built next weekend but it looks like we have another storm coming. I'm aiming to start the hotbed about the end of this month or beginning of March.

Comment

I accidentally knocked a 3 inch length off my overwintering sweet potato plants the other day, and also when I check on my stored tubers (still haven't eaten them all yet), I found one had two, 2 inch sprouts on it. I put all three of these in water, and they are now all starting to root. That's more free plants.
      I intend to plant three in big pots in my conservatory, and then as many as I can fit in through black plastic at my allotment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X