No announcement yet.

Lower maintenance fruit and veg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a very old apple tree on another part of the garden. It was very overgrown and my husband gave it too brutal a prune. It’s now not producing more than a few apples. I have a plan to try and get it back to fruiting but it’ll take a few years. I have a new border to fill that’s against a fence and was considering some espalier trained fruit but might also look at some patio fruit once we get round to building the patio! I love to plan but it takes time to get all the things I want done.

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
      I have a very old apple tree on another part of the garden. It was very overgrown and my husband gave it too brutal a prune. It’s now not producing more than a few apples. I have a plan to try and get it back to fruiting but it’ll take a few years. I have a new border to fill that’s against a fence and was considering some espalier trained fruit but might also look at some patio fruit once we get round to building the patio! I love to plan but it takes time to get all the things I want done.
      Old apples can generally be encouraged to fruit again - clearing any grass or weeds around the base of the tree and then giving them a good mulch of FYM in the Spring is a good start.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X