Red leaves and pests

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm growing Cocarde lettuce which is green/bronze rather than red - so far it hasn't suffered from slugs, touch wood. It's doing really well and I'm getting masses of leaves. I'll definitely grow it again next year.

Comment

My experimental seedlings are popping up!!
        I may have a lot of thinning to do.

Comment

I had a tiny green caterpillar on the green lettuce seedlings and a tiny blackish one on the red ones. Obvs you are what you eat!

Comment

Originally posted by Babru View Post
            Lots of my green leaved dahlias have confetti leaves, whilst my two red leaved ones are untouched. I think red leaf is the way to go!
            I'm growing mixed dahlias in my flowerbed - the first time I've tried dahlias at all. 2 had dark green leaves and 4 had red leaves. None were touched until the rain started at the end of July, but now only one of them is doing well and 4 are completely shredded, presumably by slugs or snails. The best one has dark green leaves, the other survivor has red leaves. The antirrhinums and lobelia in the same bed are untouched - I usually grow these as they don't seem attractive to slugs.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X