No announcement yet.

Who has the Biggest Truss!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only just put my tomatoes into their final positions, so I have a few weeks to wait yet. I am taking inspiration from all of the tomatoe trusses on display

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Not great light in the GH to take photos this morning...,but how about this one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87739[/ATTACH]
      Is the paper there so that you can say you have red (read) through them
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

think I might have this one

bar a couple of ripe tomato's on a lower truss in the background, and a couple of plum tomato's on a plant next to it on the right, this is all one truss, approx 1 meter wide, gardeners delight, not sure how many tomato's but i'm guessing its triple figures

this truss set when we had that warmer weather earlier on in the year, toms are ripening at the top of truss, and just flowers at the bottom, it also got about 3 normal stems growing off the ends off the truss so i'll have to cut them off, I am going to be saving seeds of this plant I think

knocked a couple of toms off trying to separate the truss to take a picture , so I am not going to disturb it again

oops, pictures a bit big, what size is best for forum?
        Last edited by Urban; 02-07-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

^^^ That's incredible, Urban. Please post some more photos when they ripen.

and if you save some seeds, can you put them in the Tomato Seed Circle please?

Size is fine - saves enlarging it!
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 02-07-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            ^^^ That's incredible, Urban. Please post some more photos when they ripen.

and if you save some seeds, can you put them in the Tomato Seed Circle please?

Size is fine - saves enlarging it!
            will do on both, its a crazy plant, those toms at top of the truss are almost moneymaker size, and the trusses further up the plant are looking like they might be the same

Comment

OMG what are you feeding them on
              Last edited by Scarlet; 02-07-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry, that's just amazing!! Yes, please can you save seeds

Comment

Urban wow the truss is gorgeous!

Comment

I still haven't closed my mouth after looking at that photo. Going to be wandering around gaping in astonishment for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban View Post
                      bar a couple of ripe tomato's on a lower truss in the background, and a couple of plum tomato's on a plant next to it on the right, this is all one truss, approx 1 meter wide, gardeners delight, not sure how many tomato's but i'm guessing its triple figures
                      That's impressive Urban
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E71B1F0F-605C-4F14-B79F-3454F90259FF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	2384425

Aah and here was me thinking this was a good one. One of the trusses from the green grape that scarlet sent me the seeds for. A mere 16. Not in your league

Comment

Sungold

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	2384427

oleron yellow.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	2384428

Comment

Lord-a-lorks Urban... Hats off to your sizeable truss
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              OMG what are you feeding them on
                              Just the usual weekly feed of maxicrop seaweed feed until Tom's where on the first truss. And then a weekly feed of Tomorite since

It's hard to tell how big it is in the picture actually. It's one metre wide at the bottom of the truss. Makes me lol when I walk in the greenhouse. I'll put something in the frame for reference next time

A lot of my tomato plants have big trusses on this year. Only thing I'm doing different is using those hozelock grow bag water reservoir thingies. I wonder if there helping

Might try and keep this plant going through winter, if I keep the plant going from cuttings will it eventually get weaker or will it be just as strong next year?
                              Last edited by Urban; 02-07-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Has anyone ever had a new stem grow from the end of a truss?!? I just noticed it today on one of the trusses of my Chadwick Cherry. Most peculiar!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X