No announcement yet.

Anyone ever had success with chickpeas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chickpea "edamame" I am told "fresh green chickpea are the new improved soy" these are self fertilising also known as Indian pea, Bengal gram, and ceci bean.
    I do not know if the supermarket chickpeas ones will have same result, so looking for these.

"drop whole pod in simmering salted water for a stunning edame substitute" You can also pan roast them.

Comment

Right well I have some dried chickpeas left. From the indian supermarket. Do I need to soak them before I plant them?
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Cultivars
        'Whitev' A late cultivar with large white seeds. Recommended for growing in high rainfall areas.
        Now I know which seeds to plant.
        Salivating for some humus.
        My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
        Revelation 22:2

Comment

So you can just pick the pods and cook as-is?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X