Late start

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late start

With lots of DIY projects going on simultaneously, I've only just realised I haven't sown any seeds for this year. Last year I'd already sown them on the 1st of March. This year, the warmer weather reminded me to start early but I'd quickly forgotten.

Anyone else behind like me?

I plan to start this weekend and hope I can catch up.

All i've sown is some onions and leeks under cover back in January, and some spinach and radish outside last weekend. It's still early for all the tender stuff, I won't be sowing anything else until April.
    He-Pep!

Comment

The only veg I have sown so far is onions, tomato, peppers and cabbage, lettuce is growing the greenhouse where they get sown every four weeks or so, I will start sowing other veg from mid April onwards
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I've been delayed in the past by various things but find later sowings produce stronger plants.
        I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

yep and me all iv'e sown is broad beans , french climbing beans, peas, cabage,caulies ,onions ,turnips ,tomatoes , and peppers ! atb Dal.

Comment

Oh yes, I forgot about the peas and broad beans, I’ve sown some of them too.
            He-Pep!

Comment

Yes I,m also well behind only did my first sowing in heated propagator on Sunday

Comment

I got round to sowing seeds at the weekend in my propagator. Smaller selection compared to last year but more plants. I should have started two months ago but we shall see what happens this year.

Comment

I'm also late this year, but will begin sowing in earnest this week.

The compost has been in the house for a week warming up as it was freezing out in the garage.

November direct sown broad beans are growing nicely, but otherwise the plot is bare

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X