No announcement yet.

Magic Seeder - any good?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you both, I did try and find a previous link unsuccessfully, I think Ill try the dry sand method to thin them down a bit

Comment

Originally posted by vegelady View Post
      thank you both, I did try and find a previous link unsuccessfully, I think Ill try the dry sand method to thin them down a bit
      Good luck - if you get a chance please update this thread to let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

If they’re tiny seeds but you can see them I put a few in this little bowl then it’s easier to pick up one seed (if the seed are barely visible like petunia dust maybe a larger tray would be easier for sowing so there’s more space to throw the dust & then prick out into modules). This photo’s of cape gooseberry seeds,it’s next to a three inch pot so it’s quite small but really handy,I’ll go & sow those now or they would’ve got excited coming out for nothing

Click image for larger version

Name:	0EED9E18-92A0-4C4F-B6BA-865A7A47B330.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	2382634

Comment

that looks like a good idea too, I will update thread when I have tried different methods

Comment

I tried a seeder several years ago but found that the seeds usually blocked the outlet or came out too quick nowadays as Nick said I mix the likes of petunia seeds with dry white sand, I have used paste for larger seeds both methods give a reasonable spacing of seeds
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

In case you're puzzled, I've merged the 2 threads about Magic seeders.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X