No announcement yet.

Weird things into compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love turning my compost into the growing area and finding stuff that cant be broken down that i threw into the compost by accident, kids toys and cutlery seem to be the most common. I find it quite funny when i find those plastic Christmas present bows on the wrapping paper that some how ended in the compost
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifesBrassicas View Post
      I once composted my work shoes
      I wish I had done it to mine 20yrs sooner lol

Comment

You might be able to put some coffee cups in (The one I get from a local coffee place is compostable, lid aswell which surprised me so I'm supporting them more).
        Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
          My Dad often used to put pheasant carcasses in - the only time I have ever seen balls of brandling worms and they were great for fishing with but that was years ago.

Also I don't remember it smelling. It was an old coal bunker and he used to leave the top open but covered with carpet. It seemed rather normal at the time
          I was given 7 pheashant last month and decided to process them up at the alotment ,everything apart fom the breasts and legs went in one of my darleks ! I also tried composting a pure lambs wool jumper and i'm still trying lol

Comment

Onceo composted a Redicut carpet, took a while but it all went. Must have been 100% natural fibre!
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X