Gardening without animal fertilisers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figures from the 1980s:
    methane production, per animal in kg/year, and total worldwide in millions of tonnes/year:
    cattle, 35-55; 54.3
    termites, -; 20
    sheep, 8; 6.9
    goats, 5; 2.4
    camels, 58; 1.0 (they're the belchiest of all, it seems)
    pigs, 1.2; 0.9
    humans, 0.05; 0.3 (they must not know the same people I do)
    moose, elk, 31; 0.03.

It seems that cows in the US today produce about 5 times as much methane as the American bison did in its heyday.
    Last edited by Trouvere; 28-02-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

blimey! I never knew termites were so farty… no wonder no-one disturbs termite mounds...

Comment

For who is really to blame, look here:
        http://www.footprintcalculator.org

Comment

well that seems to blow it out my ass LOL! but you can rest asured I aint turning vegan ! they don't want to use animal products but are prepared to use man made products that spew more toxic gasses into the atmosphere during their manufacture !they will use cars that blast all types of emisions out ,cars which use tyers that degrade in use and are producing micro plastics that finds its way into rivers and sewers and then into the seas , even the shoes they wear will wear down and finish in the seas ! if they need a conscience I would think they should look a bit futher than putting some Cow muck under their taties ! atb Dal.
          Last edited by Derbydal; 28-02-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derbydal View Post
            well that seems to blow it out my ass LOL! but you can rest asured I aint turning vegan ! they don't want to use animal products but are prepared to use man made products that spew more toxic gasses into the atmosphere during their manufacture !they will use cars that blast all types of emisions out ,cars which use tyers that degrade in use and are producing micro plastics that finds its way into rivers and sewers and then into the seas , even the shoes they wear will wear down and finish in the seas ! if they need a conscience I would think they should look a bit futher than putting some Cow muck under their taties ! atb Dal.
            Nobodys trying to make anybody vegan. Everybody’s entitled to make choices in what they buy & have reasons behind them,you don’t have the right to judge people like that. Why can’t people be happy for people,they’re doing something they believe in good for them. This thread is about vegan compost I think.

Comment

You're right JJ.

This thread is about vegan compost and nobody is forcing anyone to use it, much less to turn vegan. We are all entitled to our own opinions and we should respect that.

The Mods have no wish to close a thread which has been courteous and respectful.

Please keep your posts civil or they will be deleted. Persistent offenders will be banned. You have been warned!

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                Nobodys trying to make anybody vegan. Everybody’s entitled to make choices in what they buy & have reasons behind them,you don’t have the right to judge people like that. Why can’t people be happy for people,they’re doing something they believe in good for them. This thread is about vegan compost I think.
                and you don't have any right to judge me ! so good night and I wish you Ado.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X