Blue Plastic Barrel Uses

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    ....Lots of people do that with mussel floats up here. ( just had an idea for my new garden if it happens )
    Hi SP, What pray tell is a mussel float?

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
      Hi SP, What pray tell is a mussel float?

Here you go Rob everything you ever needed to know about mussel floats
      Mussel Floats
      You regularly find them washed up on the beach. Especially after a storm.

Comment

I like those ^^^ They look like woodlice

Comment

MY head is at it again,as if i not got enough to do,knock up some supports for barrels in half as for raised beds,for the strawbs to dangle over,away from the slugs,plonk a few short canes in and chook a net over to keep birdies off.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

They're barrels that float, with a rope between themselves, then ropes in the water for mussels to attach themselves to
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

How about using them for brewing? If you're planning on cutting one down and you don't have a use for the bottom half you could cut a couple of holes a couple of inches up from the bottom and put kettle elements through then you can use as a boiler for doing all grain brewing. PS, you'll also need some copper pipe, a large cool box, some microbore copper, a large bucket with lid to actually Brew in, erm to be honest it's a bit of work.

Comment

use the one with a lid for storing stuff that mice will ruin (nets ,sacks,seeds, flece, all dry stuff then ) or use has a drowning barrel for weeds the lid will keep the stink In .atb Dal.

Comment

Some great ideas, thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Derbydal View Post
                    use the one with a lid for storing stuff that mice will ruin (nets ,sacks,seeds, flece, all dry stuff then ) or use has a drowning barrel for weeds the lid will keep the stink In .atb Dal.
                    I also use this type of barrel to soak hard to compost weeds like bind weed, couch grass and horse tails. Works a treat, leave it in there all summer and compost it through the winter, works great.
                    sigpic

Comment

I finally decided today what to do with them. After much deliberation, I have decided that the one with the lid will be used for making weed tea. The other one, I’m going to store spent compost in it when the toms etc in the greenhouse from summer are done for re-use later and improving soil in parts of the garden.

Comment

Another idea, Oyster mushrooms

https://archersmushrooms.co.uk/matt-...J7DVz-AeP-vDGk
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

That's an impressive crop MWB, what did you fill the barrel with.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                            That's an impressive crop MWB, what did you fill the barrel with.
                            Mr B, not my idea and not my project unfortunately. I'm totally nicking the idea and giving a go on the allotment this year, looks great and hopefully mine will be as good.
                            My previous post links it to the writer and the originator of the method
                            sigpic

Comment

Duh... should have followed the link. The best tasting wild oysters I ever found grew in a hollow birch trunk, half full of brackish water.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                                Duh... should have followed the link. The best tasting wild oysters I ever found grew in a hollow birch trunk, half full of brackish water.
                                It's a great thing to find wild oysters
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X