No announcement yet.

toomanytommytoes, annie8, SP & 4shoes mystery chilli growing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry haven't been on for a few days. Haven't sorted yet as I'm not planning to sow any yet. Certainly won't be sowing as many as you guys as don't have the space, but will sow extra as I'll give some away to friends once they are germinated. Will no doubt have loads left if anyone wants any more ?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      SP will soon tell me if I'm in the wrong - or doesn't want you to join in.
      As ever you were correct adding 4shoes thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
        Thanks VC, … but it is an SP Thread

SP - How would you feel about posting the link to variety list (Extracted by toomanytommytoes - TMTT? ) at the top of this topic

https://pastebin.com/eDtLTsQM

Just to make it easier to find our base line .

Since the selection pack was 1st mentioned (on this forum), is has changed by : -

adding

Large Red Rocoto
        Pineapple Aji aka Aji Pineapple

- renamed Chocolate 7 pot to 7 pot Chocolate

and removed
        Cusco Rocoto
        Numex Sandia
        Rokita

from the mix

of course nothing to say the list is not correct, but gives us all a starting point.
        If you can persuade VC ( or any other mod ) to wave her magic wand. I think that list on the first page is a good idea

Comment

I've copied it to my post at #2

Hope that's what you wanted!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            I've copied it to my post at #2

Hope that's what you wanted!!
            Thanks VC. Perfect .

I've been through that list with I fine tooth comb and I was very surprised at how many low heat ( really low ) chillies there are. I might get a few more for you to try next year

Comment

Let me cope with these first ( so far 2 x Fooled you, 1 x Apple Crisp)

Comment

Thanks VC.

I was just expecting a cut and paste of the link. What you have done has achieved the same goal and is a more permanent record - not going to be subject

Ideal

Comment

Most people, me included, don't like going off forum to look something up. Now we can all see how well you're doing.

Comment

SP - There are some hot chillies in the mix. Either that or they have included some chilli flakes to put us off the scent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	2382120
                    Picture 1

Was sorting through the chaff - spotting the last few suspected seeds - seeds sown (Picture 1 Right) - and had a wee taste. Quite a kick.

Seeds are now all sorted into wee heaps. The Colour seems to be more much and such for several seeds in the picture, but some seeds have a more red / pink glow, whilst others have a more distinct shape or have dried to a more wrinkle shape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	2382121
                    Picture 2

Consolidated some and now have bagged up - 33 bags in all.

Found a large black seed and 3 grey - Bottom Right - Picture 2.
                    Are these the same colour as your suspected rocoto? Thought the big black seed was chilli flake on 1st pass

New Official Tally is 340 seeds.

6 - in Pot Picture 1
                    334 - Picture 2

Plan is to sow 1 from each bag 1 to13 seeds, 2 from each bag 14 or above.

That'll give me a starting point of 46 seeds. Now to prep the compost.
                    Last edited by 4Shoes; 25-01-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
                      Are these the same colour as your suspected rocoto? Thought the big black seed was chilli flake on 1st pass
                      Yep! Couple very black, couple dark browny black.

Comment

Wow 4Shoes, you did a much more detailed seed sort than I did
                        There are 4 or 5 varieties on that list I'm really hoping are in my selection.

Toomanytommytoes did your seeds have that chaff? Like 4Shoes picture.
                        If so thank you for cleaning the ones you sent me

Comment

First 3 seedlings are up and pricked out.
                          2x tiny
                          1x big

Lots of evidence I'll be doing more pricking out tomorrow

Comment

Another 9 are up.
                            I might be pricking out again this afternoon. Loads of little loops showing in the propagator.

Comment

Interested to see you are pricking out so quickly. I thought you usually waited until there were a couple of true leaves before you did that. Or are chillis different.

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                                Interested to see you are pricking out so quickly. I thought you usually waited until there were a couple of true leaves before you did that. Or are chillis different.
                                I have to get them out of the propagator as soon as they've germinated or they will go leggy.
                                I don't always wait until they are upright. As long as there seed leaves are out of the compost they get moved. Also being short on space seeds have to share cells in a tray ( up to 6 seeds to a cell ). Another reason for pricking out.
                                I do that with everything. Even stuff that's not in a heated propagator get pricked out before any true leaves appear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X