Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GYO editorial assistant with a growing question for you to answer!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best time of spring for me is when I think ifs time to cover the soil with black poly. to heat up the soil for planting out
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I’m really looking forward to doing battle with the marestail... 9 months into my first allotment and loving it.

Comment

Hi Rose. For me the thing I probably enjoy most is making the hotbeds which I will be starting on very soon. There is something really satisfying about being able to create a reasonably warm environment when its freezing outside and getting early crops as a result. Spinach, lettuces and beetroot will be going in before the end of January, but they don't have to be started this early. This year I plan to make another hotbed in May where I will try to grow some melons.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Dear Bikermike,

Thank you for your suggestion, I have passed it on to my editor

All best,

Rose

Comment

Dear all,

Thank you very much for all of your lovely responses, I had a lot of enjoyment reading through them all and selecting a few - just to let you know, veggiechicken, Mr Bones and SarrissUK made it into March's issue!

All best, Rose

Comment

Hi Rose, thanks for the feedback. I spotted my name in print
              If anyone would like my autograph, please send a cheque...........

Comment

Originally posted by Rose C View Post
                Hi there growers! My name is Rose and I am the new editorial assistant at Grow Your Own. To introduce myself, I thought I'd get stuck in by asking you all a quick question. Answers might even be featured in March's issue in our allotment inspirations page! The question is, when winter is over, what spring job in the garden excites you the most? Responses could include what you like to grow, or any other jobs you love getting stuck into when spring has finally sprung! I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

All best,

Rose
                Hi Rose:

I think the greatest thrill I get after winter is the joy of seeing new life rise from a pile of compost.
                After the dark cold days and night, a few green shoots remind me that life goes on and come Spring and Summer there will be piles of new flowers and vegetables to enjoy.

Even the old and cynical (i.e. me :-) cannot fail to be motivated by the first seedlings of the year.

All the best to you.

Mike
                Last edited by Madasafish; 01-02-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Oh wow, haha I didn't expect that. I will have to go out and buy it now! LOL
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Hi Rose, thanks for the feedback. I spotted my name in print
                    If anyone would like my autograph, please send a cheque...........
                    I'm a tad short of those but CAN send you some seeds Gardener's Currency?
                    If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

You can have a signed photo for seeds Seeds are better than cheques any day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X