Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What may be the last of the strawberries, some mangetout and, excitingly, my first boysenberries. I haven't had one for probably 20 years. Well, now I haven't had one for about 1 hour.

Comment

• Dug up all my potatoes today.
      The foliage had gone yellow and died down so thought it was time.
      Very pleased with the yield.
      Lovely clean potatoes with no disease.
      Pentland Javlin and Arran Pilot.
      Picked lots of strawberries.
      Lettuce.
      Garlic chives.
      Tomatoes, Maskota and Tumbler.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Black currents, good crop this year

Comment

• Some mangetout.

1.3kg of blackcurrants. Still have about three-quarters of the bush to pick.

Comment

• First mini cucumbers from two or three different plants -

Click image for larger version

Name:	2217A6D7-F400-45D6-BDE8-E698EA51F3C9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	2384618

Comment

• Garlic but the hardest part of the job is is getting it dried.Click image for larger version

Name:	galic19a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	2384627
              Family motto "semper in excretum"

Comment

• I should've posted this yesterday. I harvested my first earlies. There wasn't very potatoes, but enough for roast in the oven for dinner last night. I think the reason why there wasn't a 'bumper' crop, was because of where the potato sacks were placed. I'll see when I harvest the 2nd earlies if I am right with this assumption.

Comment

• Peas, mangetout, sugarsnap peas, dwarf french beans, tomatoes, mixed fruit.

Comment

• Peas, tomatoes, dwarf beans, lettuce, cucumber, potatoes, blackcurrants, raspberries, and loganberries.
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• 1.8kg blackcurrants. That's most of them, now. Just a few unripe stragglers left.
                      That's 3.5kg now from the big bush on my new allotment, and 2kg total from two bushes in my garden (one is on it's way out, though. Probably dig it out this winter).
                      I would have gotten more, too, but I picked them a bit late and a lot had already fallen off or rotted.

Also picked my first cucumber of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dammad49 View Post
                        Garlic but the hardest part of the job is is getting it dried.
                        That looks amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by ameno View Post
                          1.8kg blackcurrants. That's most of them, now. Just a few unripe stragglers left.
                          That's 3.5kg now from the big bush on my new allotment, and 2kg total from two bushes in my garden (one is on it's way out, though. Probably dig it out this winter).
                          I would have gotten more, too, but I picked them a bit late and a lot had already fallen off or rotted.

Also picked my first cucumber of the year.
                          It will be good for cuttings?
                          I have a couple of bushes that aren't quite ripe yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            It will be good for cuttings?
                            I have a couple of bushes that aren't quite ripe yet.
                            The bush that's on it's way out, you mean? God, no.
                            It's riddled with disease. The reversion virus at the very least, and possibly more besides.
                            Luckily, that one is in the front garden, and all the others are in the back, so whatever it has shouldn't spread.

I have plenty of blackcurrant bushes, anyway. I bought a new one winter before last, and I took a cutting from it that same winter, and that cutting is now just as big as the purchased bush (two for one!), and both should come into fruiting next year (I had a small handful from each this year, but that's all), plus a big one in the back garden and an even bigger one at my new allotment. That's plenty.
                            I actually have a potted blackcurrant cutting, as well. I found it in a waste pile at the allotment. A blackcurrant stem dumped in there had started to root, so I decided to take it home and pot it up. It's doing well, now, but I don't need it, so shall probably give it away this winter.

Comment

• Hurrah

I've actually harvested something

Planted in pots in the back yard before we got the allotment (Charlotte)
                              Attached Files
                              Cheers

Danny

Comment

• The first of my telephone peas, then chard, courgettes, purple podded pea pods and radish pods.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X