Comment

• Pumpkin - Wicked and Jack of all Trades
      Squash - Scallop Mixed
      Gherkins
      Tumbling Toms - Red and Yellow
      Courgettes - Griller mixed
      Butternut Squash - Butterbush

Comment

• Sowed some runner beans outdoors - Moonlight.
        Yes I know it's a bit early, it's ok, I have more seeds if they don't come up.

Comment

• Broad beans, peas and sweet peas are already in and coming up.. Yesterday had a bit of a clear out and a sort of seed dump under a cheap metal growing tower. Everything that has been unsuccessful in the past or is out of date, so a heady mix of gherkins, cucuzza, a jar of various climbing beans saved from last year and about 15 different sorts of tomatoes. If any work, it'll be a) the most productive patch of the plot and b) probably fatal for the cheap metal tower thing.

Comment

• Oh - and some of the squashes I've been starting indoors. No idea which are which, but a mix of marina di chioggia, spaghetti and some hubbard blue saved from last year. Sweetcorn going in today.
            Last edited by Finley; 07-04-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Today spuds (Lady Christl) and 2 types of beetroot. Would have been more but I got distracted by a cup of tea

Comment

• Sown kale and sprouts today.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Two large tubs of Desiree maincrop,two bags of Charlotte & one bag of Arran Pilot early potatoes.

Comment

• Very soon I’m going to sow squash courgette and more cucumbers. I need to plant out or move to polytunnel the tomatoes first as windowsill space needs freed up.

Comment

• Squashes:

Pottimarron
                      Crown Prince
                      Rolet
                      Harlequin
                      Burgess Buttercup
                      He-Pep!

Comment

• My Sweetpeas in root trainers have sprouted already, not bad considering they are in the greenhouse inside the blowaway with no heat, ditto some Broad Beans are sprouting too.

Comment

• Yesterday I planted out my red onion sets,home grown onions are much juicier than shop bought I can’t wait for my onions,even if they’re all tiny I’ll love them

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinB View Post
                            Sowing today in propagate 12 climbing beans, mange tout, the ones I grew last year never stopped providing beautiful food.
                            What’s your secret? My mangetout barely produce anything before succumbing to powdery mildew. Every year, without fail. Still gonna try again this year anyway. Thinking about not growing courgettes this year in a bid to stop the mildew spreading around the garden so quickly.

Comment

• Elefant Leeks

Comment

• Just sowed my French beans in those little bio degradable pots, bought the pots years ago, tried them once and forgot about them, so two different dwarf ones(those that grew to 4 foot tall last year lol) and some climbers as well, depends on the summer we get whether they stay under cover or go outside.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X