Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More hacking, pulling, levelling, raking, tamping....

Nipped back in my lunch break and planted out my peas - heavily guarded against pigeon attacks this year
    Last edited by bario1; 09-04-2019, 12:46 PM.
    He-Pep!

Comment

• Suns out and I took advantage and cut the grass and trimmed the edges, planted some sunflower seeds in modules in the blowaway in the greenhouse and re sowed my mammoth trench celery as the first lot doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Comment

• Celery takes an age to come up Burnie.
        He-Pep!

Comment

• Potted on Marigolds then went for a walk.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pricked out some verbena bonariensis, anise hyssop and lamb's ear seedlings into modules.

Comment

• Planted a zig-zag of potatoes - 8 Jazzy and 8 Anya.
              He-Pep!

Comment

• Cleaned the outside of all 3 tunnels and the inside of the little tunnel.
                Only the inside of the big tunnel to do.

Comment

• Planted out my seed grown mammoth red onions, just 8 of them in a large area of raised bed with a lot of feed in it, will I get my 5 pound onions? we will have to wait and see lol.

Comment

• Dawn session. Took down some broad bean plants and popped them in the covered bed for now. Uncovered the previously planted broad beans that had some fleece on them, doubled the fleece over the early potatoes in the other raised bed - they're not showing yet, but we've had some cold snaps and more to come, I expect, and the other potatoes are deeper and covered with black plastic.

Rigged myself a low seat from a small, folding step stool and some foam and used that to sit on so I could weed the raspberries. My knee wouldn't have let me do it otherwise, worked quite well. The plan is to weed, cover with wet newspaper and top off with woodchip. Managed about a metre and a half in the time I had.

Had a chat with the site manager about a shed. He offered to collect any slabs/sand I needed in his flatbed van.

Comment

• A little more pickaxe and rake action this morning and had a quick chat with my plot neighbour who gave me some very useful wooden posts which I'll be able to use for a retaining wall (at some point).
                      He-Pep!

Comment

• Briefly visited the plot at lunch. Potted up some chitted peas, sowed some sunflowers direct and cloched, and did a bit more raking in the lawn-to-be area. A fox came and sunbathed on the freshly raked earth while I worked .
                        He-Pep!

Comment

• I planted out the blueberry Chandler pot plant in the raised bed today, after much dithering.

Been holding off for a week or so because it's near a fence post that I need to get A Man in to install some cement spurs on (thought it would make it more awkward if he accidentally smashed into the little bushlet whilst digging cement holes), but hey no money , so bit the bullet, shoved the bush in the ground and hopefully it will survive any contact with the contractors several months down the line.

(yes, more plant shoving. TOUGH LOVE)

Comment

• Lifted my first germinated cucumber seed out of the propagator. And then procrastinated. Mainly.

Comment

• I’m potting up so many tomato plants I will never have room to plant out. Have a friend calling today so hoping to fob off half a dozen or so. I know they will be going to a good home.

Comment

• I’m still dutifully tumbling my new composter bin but it’s not heating up- a paltry 15 degrees. I’m going to give it until the end of the month and start again. I’ll put the material I take out on the pumpkin patch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X