No announcement yet.

Biggest success this year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peas - not munched by mice at all this year, after everything was munched last year. Fruher Heinrich and Bijou were the best.
    Tomatoes, Aubergines, peppers - All huge producers. Sweet pepper plants were enormous. I even got 3 separate types of aubergines to set fruit outside no problem. (I doubt that will happen again so I'll hang-on to the memory of the summer of 2018) Chillies are still coming so I'll have enough to last me until next season.
    Cucumber - no powdery mildew/virus which ruined last-year's efforts. Got more than a few 500-750g fruits.
    Herbs were mostly very happy this year as well.

Comment

Cor blimey!
      OH went to dig the beetroot bed, and hidden under the chickweed were about 30 plus beetroot the size of a grapefruit!
      That was unexpected!

Hardly any topgrowth, but clearly swollen recently!

Hmmm...I need some beetroot recipes now!

Yipppeee!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

my first pumpkin atempt

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181017_121252-1752x3120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	2381394

Big max

Comment

^^^^nice one!
          Well done!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
            The wild strawberries were looking unhappy outside, not giving much fruit.

Took them into polly and potted into a hanging basket. They have been fruiting ever since. Wild strawberries in October Think it is because they can't grow runners, so each runner ends up with flowers and then fruit. They are still flowering and producing fruit.

Going to dig up more next spring for another basket.
            Just took my last crop over the weekend. cutting back foliage for the winter. Well pleased with results.

Comment

My biggest successes this year were mangetout peas, which just went on and on and on... I was eating loads and giving them away, all from a 50cm x 20cm patch, also tomatoes.

Even though I only had one tomato plant, I got nearly 3kg of fruit of it, which roughly equals my total former tomato crop. The fact that it was the only surviving outdoor tomato on the whole site didn't hurt the satisfaction any either

I've been at a new site this year, with new exciting problems, so it's been interesting. The slugs here have different tastes, for starters.
              My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X