No announcement yet.

Biggest success this year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it has to be tomatoes (even though most of them are green!), chillies and apples.
    My rhubarb has done better than normal, but because of watering other plants nearby they did get extra watering this year.
    Last edited by Nicos; 06-10-2018, 08:05 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

For me best Carrots ever and loads of borlotti beans this year. Never had Carrots free of fly before but this year clean as a whistle hooray!

Comment

now I think

Its this
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181010_183238-1752x3120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2381080

I know the tape isnt exact, but still

Comment

Amazing well done!! Haven't grown caulis before but I heard they are really difficult to get right

Comment

Have harvested almost 200kg of home grown produce over the last 6 months :-)

More importantly, I have saved some carbon miles, a few quid on shopping bills, and enjoyed every minute I have spent at my plot
            Last edited by Chestnut; 10-10-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
              Its this
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]83785[/ATTACH]

I know the tape isnt exact, but still
              Nice cauli - what variety is it?
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Ill find out for you Pen, cant remember off the top of my head, but all six did well, two blew as i hadnt been to the lottie ;(

It was one of two, either Boris F1 or Amsterdam F1, 99% sure it was Boris, will confirm when i pop over the lottie.
                Both from last years Wyevale 50p sale
                Last edited by jackarmy; 11-10-2018, 07:24 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Yep, Boris it was Penny.

Comment

Getting a rose cutting to take. never managed that before

Comment

Got to be aubergines and melons.Could have been down to the weather. Hsd limited success before but more likely learned how to stop the plant the right point of growth. Both were from Real seed company and grown in polytunnel. Happy days😊

Comment

My biggest Success was winning first prize in my allotment society and it's my first year gardening since I cut my Dads grass when I was a nipper, and I'm now 63. :-) :-) :-)
                        Last edited by dennyjim; 16-10-2018, 03:29 PM. Reason: forgot to smile

Comment

My successes are my potatoes- not bought any since my first harvest back in May, my Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, beetroots and courgettes. I’ve learnt so much in my first year and that’s gotta be my biggest success- looking forward to next year when maybe I’ll have success with my onions, celery, peas, and get more than one Uchiki Kuri

Comment

Tomatoes hands down. Still harvesting greenhouse varieties....

Comment

Raspberries and Chard have done really well best year yet for both of them.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mixed results

Successes - stupice tomatoes (amazing), uchiki kuri and pattypan squash, courgettes, letttuce, carrots (grown in containers), sweetcorn, chillies (all grown outdoors), crimson flowered broad beans.

Failures - french beans (not forming), garlic (allium leaf miner), raspberries (planted last December and 50% died), red cabbages.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X