Next years planting plan

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bikermike View Post

The complication is that we are going away on holiday over easter, so it'll be either a late start on the seeds or finding someone to water them...
    It always rains at Easter.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Plot 1 and 1A White on Black.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2381379

I've updated my plan to include the narrow flower beds that will go in where the level from Plot 1 and Plot 1A occur and the shed on plot 1 is now in the location where I actually erected it and I have tweaked the bed layout

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Growing Area.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	2381380

Here is the first stab of the planting arrangement for 2019 assuming I get beds 13 - 15 and 27 - 28 in before the growing season.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        It always rains at Easter.
        not inside by greenhouse it doesn't...

My current plan is to put spuds in (not in the greenhouse...) before we go and pretty much everything else after I come back. The only change to that will be if I get a cistern-type valve rigged up in the watering system before I go.

Comment

Next years plan has been changed several times already and I still don't know what I'm doing.
          Plan A. Curb my enthusiasm, rein in the spending and down size slightly (obviously this doesn't include chillies). Because of the potential house build.
          Plan B. There's another little something potentially in the pipeline. That's very exciting and gardening related. That would mean I go all out and grow more than I've ever grown before.

Very confused.

Comment

Cadalot's plans actually give me a slight, pleasant frisson. I am such a nerd.

Comment

My plans are to fence in my current veg patch to protect it against dogs, chickens and cats. And, dependent on water supply, to use a bit of the fields too, though a couple of beds fewer than in previous years. No point in keeping on trying to grow things that are non-starters here (celeriac for one), plus I'm going to grow less of other things (tomatoes).

Comment

I have decided just to go for onions, carrots, beetroot and lettuce next year and possibly four or five cabbage in any vacant bit of garden and no F1s as all my cauliflower was ready at the same time, which led to wastage
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Though I will be sowing an F1 leek as I want to put northern lights through the flower garden
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                    I have decided just to go for onions, carrots, beetroot and lettuce next year and possibly four or five cabbage in any vacant bit of garden and no F1s as all my cauliflower was ready at the same time, which led to wastage
                    And trom ?

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      And trom ?
                      I thought they were compulsory if you have a garden

Comment

I mainly keep things in my head. This system falls down though quite quickly. I know I plant garlic and some onions in autumn and most else in spring. Harvest stuff when it is ready. The main problem with it is crop rotation, mainly for potatoes and onions, for some reason I think these need it most. When it starts to get warm, I get the daliahs out of the shed. This year, I did use a spreadsheet for my tomato sowing - but didn't record when I got my first tomato - though it was before I had finished eating all last years.

Comment

Thoughts on this wild and wet day are turning to next year now(though I might go fishing lol)
                          3 raised beds are already planned
                          1. will have trench celery in it
                          2. will have leeks and mammoth onions in
                          3. will have carrots( I like growing several different varieties)
                          The fenced rabbit proofed bit will have onion sets(already growing over winter)
                          parsnips, white cabbage, pak choi, broad beans, peas and later on winter brassicas(cabbage and swede probably)
                          Greenhouse
                          Border1. sweet corn and pak choi(we like pak choi can you tell)
                          2. butternut squash
                          3. tomatoes
                          and things in pots where they will fit, to include French strawberries, chillies and peppers).
                          Sure there's more, I will draw up a plan, using the last 3 years plans as guides.
                          I have a new tattie bed to have charlottes and pink fir apples in.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                            Next years plan has been changed several times already and I still don't know what I'm doing.
                            Plan A. Curb my enthusiasm, rein in the spending and down size slightly (obviously this doesn't include chillies). Because of the potential house build.
                            Plan B. There's another little something potentially in the pipeline. That's very exciting and gardening related. That would mean I go all out and grow more than I've ever grown before.

Very confused.
                            I've made the executive decision that I'm going all out with next year veggie growing. Mainly because there's the very high chance that it'll be my last year in the beautiful garden .

Comment

Scarily I don't actually have a plan. I have outstanding/ usual things that need doing. But no actual jiggery pokery. I must be ill
                              Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 23-11-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X