Made my bed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
    A well and thoroughly prepared bed. What are you going to plant over winter?
    I will be sowing some lettuce, radish, rocket and think I will try some carrot and will be sowing some peas for pea shoots
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Rary - I love the idea of paper that has been saturated with comfrey tea, I have a load of bottles of comfrey that I was going to add to my beds over winter, I was going to lay leafs and saturate them with comfrey tea
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

Well Cad it served two purposes I needed to soak the paper and also I had kept some tea from last year and wasn't impress with the results from it, nothing to compare it with just felt my results wasn't what they should have been, so I will be using fresh teas from now on
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

I think it's a serendipitous moment there Rary. I've been using newspaper soaked in water to mulch around new plantings of bushes and shrubs then mulched with grass or straw. I never thought to add comfrey to the water I was soaking the paper in.

It seems so obvious now. I think at the least it will give a boost the the soil flora and fauna we need for healthy soil and growth. Even if it doesn't it's one less cola bottle on the shelf.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Very good Jay-ell and thanks, I went for a dictionary to find out what serendipity meant and discovered a fiver in it, just shows, I have now learned to check some reference books oh and also found out what serendipity means Lifes a learning curve
            Last edited by rary; 12-09-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X