No announcement yet.

Any guesses ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final post of this series, unless anyone wants more info. The Tayberries have set a good crop and almost finished flowering, well some of the fruit have turned red - I tried one the other day, but needs to be a bit riper for enjoyment. The gooseberries set a reasonable crop, which are swelling well - about a couple of weeks from starting to ripen. The cherry looks good and healthy, but none of the fruit set - probably needs x-pollination.

Comment

Pollination shouldn't be an issue. Stuff in polytunnels and greenhouses gets pollinated ok. Gooseberries transplant ok, not sure about the others though. Tayberries can be rampant like blackberries, so make sure you get all the root out
      Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

yes the pollination was fine as far as bees being around was concerned - I think the problem with the cherry was that it probably needs another cherry to x-pollinate it and there werene't any other trees in flower at the same time - I may try budding from another variety on to this one to aim for a branch of a different sort eventually.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X