Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
    Here's a copy of my gh instructions.
    And thanks, I'll try and download some more from some other manufacturers to see if the ridge bar matches any of mine

Comment

churchoffunk my GH is an old Halls one its around 35 years old here's a few photos to compare, not sure if its the same model as yours but it does looks similar.
      BTW when my GH was built the triangular emblem ended up on the back not above the door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0200.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	2372122Click image for larger version

Name:	greenhousemarch10th.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2372123Click image for larger version

Name:	guttering.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2372124
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

That looks exactly like it, Bren.

There are spares here BUT the Roof vents don't fit the "original" GHs
        http://www.hallsgreenhouses.co.uk/Ro...reenhouses.htm

Would be worth contacting them to check.
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 19-04-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks bren! That looks exactly like it, and I'd almost given up. This is why I love the Internet.

Cheers veggie, I'll try and hunt down a spare. I'll def email them, see if they have an old one knocking around the warehouse, as I'm pretty sure mine will be an 'original' model.

Cheers

Comment

churchoffunk hope you get somewhere no you have a Brand name Here's the photo of the universal plastic louvre vent I fitted in the back of my GH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cleangh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2372137

Comment

I've emailed a couple retailers letting them know I have an old halls, and if they have anything that'd fit, so fingers crossed .

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              churchoffunk hope you get somewhere no you have a Brand name Here's the photo of the universal plastic louvre vent I fitted in the back of my GH.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72875[/ATTACH]
              Which one was this, as I'm going to need to order one as well I think. And do you find it sufficient ventilation with one roof vent and this louvre?

Comment

It's going to be a pig putting louvres in the roof, I would just put a sheet of glass/polycarb in the roof & put the louvres in the back as Bren has done (only higher up if you can). You can always leave to door open to give a through draught.
                Last edited by Bigmallly; 20-04-2017, 11:46 AM.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

churchoffunk it was just the cheapest on ebay at the time, like BM say I leave the door open all summer with a piece of plastic net covering the gap so birds and cats don't wonder in. Roof window has a auto vent fitted so that opens ones the temps warm enough.

Comment

gardensite.co.uk have spoken to Eden Halls for me who have told them that apparently it's an Edenlite greenhouse and they appear to have moved to new zealand :S http://www.edenlite.co.nz/.

Their vents work out to 70 quid before shipping, so I think I'll end up doing what you suggest Bigmallly, and just add some louvres as high up as possible.

My last hope is that Garden Craft have asked me to email them some more detailed photos and they might be able to help me out.

Comment

This doesn't really help you but..........http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...oor_57646.html
                      I have an Eden GH but the name plate is a different shape to your's and Bren's.

Comment

At least doing it this way gets you using the greenhouse while you source a vent window. Something may turn up, it usually does.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

BM, yeah that's what I'm thinking. Just getting it up and running at the moment will be good, as long as I can get all the plants out of my kitchen I'll be happy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X