No announcement yet.

Best cheap blowaway

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one from W1lkos - I can't remember how much it cost but it was cheap. I am impressed by how sturdy it actually is. We took it down overwinter and have yet to unpack it. I'll be interested to see how it fares for season 2. I am intrigued by the L1dl walk in one though!

Comment

Aldi have this with free standard delivery - but only one left online! Form a queue!
      Whether they're in store, I don't know!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-4-...58937116968400

Comment

Can't remember the make of my first one. It's still up and I haven't had that plot for 2 years.

Next 2 weren't as robust though

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Argos. I have the £40 walk in one, it's quite sturdy and can beef up the supports if needed but it's lasted winter in the garden, only taking down to replace with glass GH

Results for greenhouse in Home and garden, Conservatories, sheds and greenhouses, Greenhouses and accessories, Greenhouses
          412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

The ones with green covers are generally more robust I think, the totally clear covers are very weak in my experience. I make sure any blowaway is well anchored, in my case I cut holes in the cover, fed strong cable ties through and secured it to a fence. I reinforced the holes with clear repair tape.

I didn't want a green one in my back yard though, as it doesn't get too much sun, I wanted to maximise the light so I got a clear blowaway 'growbag greenhouse', and bought a 20m roll of clear reinforcing tape. I spend a few hours reinforcing every seam with the clear tape, and finally stapled all the way along the edges of the zip, as they can break along there too. So far it's withstood 60-70mph winds that had my last blowaway tearing and flying across the yard.

Here's the one I've got: Mini Outdoor Garden Plant Greenhouse Tomato Growbag Growhouse With PVC Cover | eBay

Along with this roll of tape (which uis great stuff): Extra Strong Polytunnel / Greenhouse Repair Tape | Polythene | Clear 38mm x 20m | eBay

And here it is in action: Click image for larger version

Name:	Blowaway.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	2371598

I've got a couple of tube heaters in it to keep my Jalapeno and sweet peppers happy, they went out in it about three weeks ago now. I have got a wireless thermometer in there too so I can rescue them if it gets too cold, so far no problem down to about 2 Celsius.

Comment

I got the l1dl one, won't be putting it up for at least another month though.
              He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X