No announcement yet.

How Do You Clean Your Polytunnel?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm soapy water and a soft sweeping brush on a rainy day. That way it gets washed straight off.

Comment

That was my thinking Mark but thought the vinegar may help break the muck down.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I suppose it depends how thick the muck is. But I've found that soapy water and a soft sweeping brush seems to work The problem is reaching far enough.

Comment

Iv'e used this on my patio, fence and drive with good effect- just spray on and leave. I have to be honest, I've not put it on the polytunnel yet but I don't see that it would degrade the plastic:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...oop_bw_c_x_1_w

My tunnel has been up for a few years now and last year was the first year it started to green both on the inside and out- I wiped both sides down without any product, just fresh water and a soft long handled brush, it looked ok but it's gone really green again over the winter so I think it needs more than a water treatment this time round so I'm going to give mine a spray.

Comment

Just thought to add...In one the polytunnel books- Polytunnel handbook maybe?- they suggest tying two lengths of string/rope to the diagonal corners of an old sheet and with the help of another see saw it along the length.

Comment

Originally posted by johnjohn View Post
              Just thought to add...In one the polytunnel books- Polytunnel handbook maybe?- they suggest tying two lengths of string/rope to the diagonal corners of an old sheet and with the help of another see saw it along the length.
              Yes, I've seen that but my drawback is that the polythene has debris netting on top of it which cannot be removed..
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I guess it's going to be a careful brush job then, that's what I thought was good about the patio product above - spray on and walk away. I was wondering about a mild bleach solution but with the additives you could discolour the shade netting, could that happen with vinegar?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X