pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
    #9 If you mean a final pot I use black flower buckets as do many others 99p for 8.
    99p for 8
    Where?! Oh please do tell where!!
    Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops

Comment

Originally posted by TattyJJ View Post
      99p for 8
      Where?! Oh please do tell where!!
      Morrisons it says 99p for 8 but if you count them you get at least 20
      When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Don't forget a few holes in the bottom for drainage.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

So just picked up my first bundle of 8 from morrisons on my way threw town, was all they had tonight...
          But it occurred to me, they are identical to ones I saw on eBay, also used, being sold at 50p each!!

Comment

^^^^^^^Well you can't blame someone for trying as mum used to say and not all gardeners visit the vine for advice

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Forgot to say..be careful when putting in the drainage holes they can easily spilt. I find the best way is something hot, I used copper tube heated on the hot plate, get it cherry red and it drops through in seconds.

If you have to use a drill make sure the bit is sharp and use slow speed and if the buckets are room temperature then so much the better.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

True enough, and was my next best bet till I discovered morrisons!
                Still a bit cheeky though...

I've a blowtorch somewhere, will be ideal for getting something nice and hot.
                Is it better to put the holes at the bottom, or a few inches up to leave a reservoir or sorts?

Comment

Got my first 2 flower buckets from the local co-op they are saving me all of them as they throw them away, also went to 2 more further away and they are saving me theirs.

I'll be the flower bucket king of the midlands soon, wonder if there is an opportunity for some enterprising way of making money

Update: the other half just phoned and she has got 2 buckets for me and 2 more Co-op branches saving them for her so I'm going to be up to my eyes in them soon.
                  Last edited by Muddy_Boots; 16-04-2016, 06:58 PM. Reason: Call me the Bucket King
                  The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Most of my pots are all free from GCs, where they don't reuse but recycle which means sticking in a skip out the back! My in laws brought a car boot full last time they came to visit. All different sizes and even the trays for standing them in.
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok a further update on the flower buckets, went to one of the co-op's that promised to save them for me on Thursday and collected a dozen they had put in the back for me. They are going to keep saving them for me and they are only a small branch, god knows how many the large branches end up throwing each week but it must be a ton of them.

Off to my other branch tomorrow dinner from work during my lunch hour to get more of them.
                      The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X