No announcement yet.

Ditching the GLASS

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quicky David, you mentioned earlier about cutting polycarb. If you have ever cut plasterboard, it is the same technique. Just cut through one wall using a metal rule as a guide, bend the sheet along the cut at right angles then run the blade along the fold of the uncut side. It really is that easy.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
      Reasons; Mainly around safety and maintenance.
      Obviously do what you want but I feel that, as somebody who has had a glass greenhouse for about 20 years, there is very little maintenance with glass and from what I can see from friends with poly ones they always seem to be repairing / replacing. I understand that people feel like there are H&S issues with glass, particularly round kids but often feel these are over stressed and almost all the actual risk (rather than natural concerns) is down to poorly supervised children or lack of education to respect property. The risk is somewhat higher though if you're talking about a lottie rather than in your own garden as you have less control over "visitors"

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I totally get what you are saying and concur with the sentiment. However, when my son is close to the greenhouse I get nervous. I am nervous for his safety and not the greenhouse. He is not a poorly supervised child, just young, full of energy and not fully coordinated.

Further to this, there is a step up into the greenhouse and I have tripped a few times. I'd rather fall into polycarbonate. Oh. I have owned my greenhouse for 12 years without incident.
        While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
          Also get some decent silicone sealant and bed your glazing panes on that.
          What would you call 'decent' stuff pots? I'm guessing you're an expert on this stuff. Apart from avoiding poundshop stuff, would you recommend a particular brand for this use?
          Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

There's nowt wrong with £ shops Spam, If Tommy Walsh can endorse £land products then that's ok by me, in fact I bought some TW super glue from £land & it's the best I've ever used.
            Last edited by Bigmallly; 29-03-2016, 08:29 AM.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X