No announcement yet.

harmony green house

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you place your tomato plants etc on the floor, the staging doesnt seem to roomy

Comment

Go to your local Morri5ons5 & see if they have any flower buckets, normally 8 for 99p..............plus with Valentines day coming up you couldn't have timed it any better.................
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thank you will go and get some the green house turned up today although was showing in process online and of all days no one was home but there re-delivering tommorow

Comment

securing polycarbon greenhouse

My Harmony greenhouse has arrived, and im looking at the best way of securing against the elements

i was thinking about attaching the base to some railway sleepers with several fixing kits

when it comes to the windows whats best to hold these in place?

Thanks very much

Comment

I've merged this with your earlier thread as there is some advice in it about fixing windows etc.

Comment

I was going to get some railway sleepers to fix the green house to but they are going to work out quite costly are there any ther options that would be good against the elements?

Comment

I've got mine fasten to scaffold boards. No fixing kit, just drill holes in the base & screw it down. I have in the past also fastened them down on Breeze Blocks with 2"x 1" timber cushions. Fasten the timber to the blocks then screw the GH to the timbers.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I have a new patio that id like the GH to sit on, do you think 4x4 pressure treated fence posts would be strong enough to hold this down?

Comment

Are you lifting paving in the greenhouse to create beds or just sitting it on the paving?

Comment

ive not long put the paving down and want something that wont damage the paving so i want to sit the GH on top but its quite open here so want to secure it as much as possible

Comment

In that case what I would do is get 8 angle brackets & fasten the 4 x 4's down with either Rawl Plugs & screws or coach bolts (which would be stronger). Either way the paving will need drilling. Once secure, the greenhouse could then be fastened to the 4 x 4's with screws. Someone may come up with an easier solution. You could drill straight through the timber/paving & fasten down with long coach bolts thereby doing away with the angle brackets.

P.S...........If you have not got the timber & don't want to drill the paving, you could always get a course of bricks or breeze blocks laid & secure the greenhouse to the them.
                        Last edited by Bigmallly; 01-03-2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Do you think I'd get away with railway sleepers right around the base instead of bolting it to my patio

Comment

My honest answer is, I don't know but they are heavy beasts so it's worth a go. At the same time I would be tempted to throw some strong chord over the greenhouse & fastening it to the sleepers.

Comment

It's an 8x6 so in my opinion sleepers would not need securing to the paving, their weight alone will keep them in place, just make sure the GH is well secured to the sleepers.

If the wind was strong enough to lift the GH and sleepers it would destroy the GH anyway.
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X