Sulphur candles etc.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't suppose it has anything to do with it being an explosive

Sulphur dust is highly bang worthy, it is also a compound used in black powder
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

It's the pesky EU. Since 31/12/11 it was banned as a fungicide BUT it's widely available as a soil acidifier!!

Per RHS--"Active ingredient Sulphur candle
      Brand name(s) Growing Success Deadfast Greenhouse sulphur candle. Sulphur candles are still offered as cleaning agents rather than pesticides, and must be used as directed on the label
      Main use A general glasshouse fumigant used to kill fungal spores on exposed surfaces
      Last date of use 31.12.11"
      Last edited by DannyK; 07-12-2015, 12:26 PM.
      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Places had still been selling them as a 'cleaning agent' though, up till this year.

The last date of use was for use as a fungicide - but we all just wanted to clean our greenhouses, didn't we.

Have to resort to J eyes fluid, which has the same effect and the same approval - it's just a bit smellier and muckier than burning a candle

Comment

[QUOTE=Thelma Sanders;1398989]Places had still been selling them as a 'cleaning agent' though, up till this year.

Have a look at my previous post. There is a site which shows them at £4.67ea plus carriage £2.99 upto 2kg
          Anyone tried them? You could stock up to mitigate the carriage.
          Last edited by DannyK; 07-12-2015, 01:28 PM.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I have been thinking,seeing as Ssprouts garlic works,would it help to fumigate,if crushed garlic plus other spices were mixied up with melted wax,wick in the middle,if several of them were to be placed around the the area needing treatment,if so,it would not only be friendlier alternative,but cheaper,and you know how we like to experiment,my idea is if the candles kept burning till they out,it hopeful will do some good,i shall seek out my candles,and have a go,it surely cannot do any harm,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
              I have been thinking,seeing as Ssprouts garlic works,would it help to fumigate,if crushed garlic plus other spices were mixied up with melted wax,wick in the middle,if several of them were to be placed around the the area needing treatment,if so,it would not only be friendlier alternative,but cheaper,and you know how we like to experiment,my idea is if the candles kept burning till they out,it hopeful will do some good,i shall seek out my candles,and have a go,it surely cannot do any harm,
              That'll clear your sinusses!!!!
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                A few pieces of lamb and you would have a stew after fumigation.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

quick pass the bucket,eeeeyyuk lamb blerrrr,am not a lover of smelling meat,yet alone eat it,only chicken breast for me,

danny boy,thats just what i need

Any one got any thoughts as to what they think of my idea,if not,i will try it out next week,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

^^^^^^^ I am a leg man myself................................chicken that is.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X