No announcement yet.

Under Orders

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the grandkids old enough to be doing cuttings of plants and sowing of seeds?

Comment

Where else can you go to get out from under your OH's feet?

Comment

Did you foolishly agree to the no greenhouse rule many years ago?

Is it possible that a clause may have been considered at the time of signing contracts or was it merely a verbal contract.

If the latter you can always claim that due to age your memory isn't what it was and couldn't see how you would have agreed to such a ridiculous arrangement.

Swap glass for polycarb, no chance of grandkids breaking that playing on the lawn.

How often do the grandchildren spend time playing on your lawn anyway? haven't they got their own!!!
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
          The plan had always been that once I retired the garden would be given over to lawn for the grandkids to enjoy. I always had the greenhouses as I never had that much time for the plot. At Christmas we heard GC number 3 was on the way so that was the signal for the OH to clamp down
          One of the highlights of going to my grandparent's house as a kid was being able to go in the greenhouse and pick ripe tomatoes. Really loved it, can have grass anywhere.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
            The plan had always been that once I retired the garden would be given over to lawn for the grandkids to enjoy. I always had the greenhouses as I never had that much time for the plot. At Christmas we heard GC number 3 was on the way so that was the signal for the OH to clamp down
            The answer is simple, put a sign on it saying "Wendy Green House" A few stickers of cartoon characters on the side and youre done, once the kids see it Grandma wont have a chance!
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              Tell her I have my Husband's five-sheds-and-a-lean-to to put up with.

What makes it worse for me, is that the lean-to (repair shed) is actually my ruddy poly-tunnel frame with a gazebo cover over it!

Nuff said.
              Welcome to my world lass,yes i know it gets on our pips,thats why our back is getting a make over,i put put forwards my plans and reasons,and got them passed,WHEN...WHEN..it's done,he and son will have a good sized survisable path,to their scrap yard/whoops storage work area,and i will have MY garden back,another land rover owner,i look at things like this,anything that i ask him about,he jumps onto,without each others gives and takes,it would not work,compromise is the way to go,and yes we have had bad times,so all is normal,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                One of the highlights of going to my grandparent's house as a kid was being able to go in the greenhouse and pick ripe tomatoes. Really loved it, can have grass anywhere.

We weren't allowed on the lawn..
                Well we were as long as it wasn't frosty, snowy, wet or being cut. No running, no cycling etc.
                Granddad died mowing the thing he loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Why on earth does she want you to get rid of it? Maybe you could grow something in it that she really likes?
                  I figure I'm going to make a killing with my F1, brand new this year, "Scented Candle Seeds"
                  K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

NOT to be confused with Sweet Candle Seeds - they, of course, whilst being F1 are a CARROT !!
                    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                      Well we were as long as it wasn't frosty, snowy, wet or being cut. No running, no cycling etc.
                      That sounds so sad

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
                        NOT to be confused with Sweet Candle Seeds - they, of course, whilst being F1 are a CARROT !!
                        and a jolly nice carrot at that

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                          Mine loved his lawn too but was a total softy for his grand kids so as long as we'd not done anything detrimental on purpose would give us free reign. He wasn't too happy when I "dead headed" all his roses though seeing as I'd not grasped the word dead and they were all in full bloom

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X