Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are none in the Telford branch
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I was thinking that but I couldn't have even fitted that in the car lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

If you go looking for them - they are in mauvey/lilac boxes and they were alongside others in green boxes.

The prices on the racks are NOT the sale price
        so, if you see a mauvey box, ask to have it scanned.
        You may be in for a pleasant surprise

There were 4 frames but only one glazing pack at my local B&Q. Since I had planned to use the frames as fruit cages, the glazing was not necessary - but since it was there, I bought it just in case

Comment

Thank you so much for the heads up. I have a greenhouse! There are still quite a few in the New Malden one, if anyone is close by. The prices are marked on the frames, but not on the glazing packs where I am. And they also have 6x6 greenhouses for v low prices.
          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

None in my local store, BUT I am in possession of a BQ 6 x 4 aluminium base and frame reduced from £166 then £66 today £30. Now all I have to do is get some sort of glazing pack for it. None in BQ, any ideas gratefully received. Don't know if they all fit each other or what. Help
            Nannys make memories

Comment

You should be able to buy some 4mm polycarb sheets (2ft wide) then just cut them with scissors to the sizes you need (angled pieces front & rear).
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                You should be able to buy some 4mm polycarb sheets (2ft wide) then just cut them with scissors to the sizes you need (angled pieces front & rear).
                Thanks BM, you're a star
                Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                  None in my local store, BUT I am in possession of a BQ 6 x 4 aluminium base and frame reduced from £166 then £66 today £30. Now all I have to do is get some sort of glazing pack for it. None in BQ, any ideas gratefully received. Don't know if they all fit each other or what. Help
                  There were quite a few in my one - would they ship them between stores? Usually they are quite good about that sort of thing.
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Apparantly the whole of BQ were out if stock on 6 x 4. I have checked online and can find nothing
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

The 8x6 bases in caerphilly were. £15.

I bartered and got my frame for 15 (box all damaged - contents fine)

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Hmmm, no cheap greenhouses in skegness or boston B & Q's, though they obviously knew about it because in both stores when I asked them to do a price check, they asked if it was for a greenhouse.
                        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

All the greenhouses mentioned above have sold through in both Aberdeen stores.

I did however get a 6x6 greenhouse base and horticultural glass for 155 quid, because of damaged packaging.

I got my frame for 50 quid.

Now to get a dryish day with no high winds to put it up. I bought extra clips to help deal with our higher than the rest of UK winds up here.
                          Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Haven't had chance to get to Solihull. My OH asked me the daft question where are you planning to put it and do you really need one.
                            Doh yes of course I do. Can never have enough greenhouse space. Might sneak over tomorrow
                            sigpic

Comment

Just a word of warning to those of you who have managed to track down the elusive GHs!
                              Wear gloves when handling the base as the edges are like bloody razor blades - literally. Keep the sticky plasters handy at all times

Comment

Cheers VC. Will bring home the gloves from work. Someone gave them to us for wearing when using the mentally sharp knives. Never been worn...
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                                If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X