So Simple Yet So Effective !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Simple Yet So Effective !

For any of you guys with a PT with velcro side windows, here's an easy water saving system.

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Looks easier than rigging up guttering, good one BM
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I know Bren.............so simple.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Simple ideas are always the best ones. Be interesting to see how long it takes to fill a bucket. With the rain today, about 5 minutes I'd guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          For any of you guys with a PT with velcro side windows, here's an easy water saving system.
          Looks like it has bucketed-down ...

.... I'l get my coat
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

The buckets were filling in no time...........I was really surprised at it's simplicity.

Comment

Just an update, this was after a hours rain................
              Attached Files

Comment

What a brilliant idea BM
                Whatever will you think of next

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  What a brilliant idea BM
                  Whatever will you think of next
                  Who knows, I worry myself sometimes at the thought.............

Comment

Love this idea!Definitely going to be putting this into practice bm.

Now can you just figure out an easy (read automatic, lol) way to get the water from the buckets into the water butts that are at least a foot higher.

Comment

I don't know GG, I'll just be pouring the water straight into a watering can, It'll be quicker than filling from the water butt. I'll use the water butt when the buckets are empty.

Comment

Brilliant idea - pity mine blew away...
                        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Sorry Ancee but thanks anyway..........

Comment

A Quick Question

It is working so well that I am having difficulty keeping up to emptying the buckets so have had a thought........
                            would it cause any problem if I was to run an overflow pipe from each bucket through the netting onto the beds or would it be beneficial.

Comment

Assuming that the beds are soil, any excess water should drain away. Maybe keep the inlet pipes away from the plants so that you don't wash away the soil from the roots.

It must be very wet where you are!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X