Access Cold Frame - can I sow/grow in it as in a greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SammieB View Post

Well am giving it a go now so fingers crossed I'll get this right veggiechicken. Am trying out the icons too. Not sure what they all mean though!

You don't need to know what they mean Sammie
    Attached Files

Comment

I use my cold frame for bringing on seedlings in pots and trays - one side for tender stuff (toms/aubergine/beans/squash etc) and one side for more hardy stuff (brassicas/onions/salads). I can close the lids on cold nights and open them completely on hot days - on regular (not sunny) days i just prop them open a little to allow a bit of ventilation.
      I wouldn't put things straight into the soil in the frame as they will just outgrow the frame and need transplanting again. I lined the bottom of mine with old carpet and a layer of gravel, and it keeps most of the weeds at bay (except horsetail!)

Hope that helps!
      Attached Files
      He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
        I use my cold frame for bringing on seedlings in pots and trays - one side for tender stuff (toms/aubergine/beans/squash etc) and one side for more hardy stuff (brassicas/onions/salads). I can close the lids on cold nights and open them completely on hot days - on regular (not sunny) days i just prop them open a little to allow a bit of ventilation.
        I wouldn't put things straight into the soil in the frame as they will just outgrow the frame and need transplanting again. I lined the bottom of mine with old carpet and a layer of gravel, and it keeps most of the weeds at bay (except horsetail!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45348[/ATTACH]

Hope that helps!
        Thanks bario1, I'm sure that will give Ecoboy some ideas.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X