Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally finished! (Kind of) Fancy a nosy at my polytunnel? :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks brilliant GG, clever you
    Nannys make memories

Comment

How envious are you making us all..it looks amazing. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Well done you It looks amazing.
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looks great, but I echo the thoughts about the wind. Having seen the wind rip a flat roof off a brick garage I know they are right - the plastic will act like a huge sail, particularly if the wind manages to blow into the tunnel.

I've just bought some of the same sorts of plastic raised beds that you have, but mine are only 1m x 0.5m.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Looking great GG,

just an echo, echo
            Cheers

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
              Looking great GG,

just an echo, echo
              Wish folks would stop posting their photos sideways.................................Sorry Broadway, I can't straighten that one up..............
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Nice one BM
                Cheers

Danny

Comment

I'd be surprised if the wind could lift it

Just don't you believe it! I remember my first ever polytunnel which had the polythene buried in the earth at the sides with a foot or two of earth piled on top and stamped in. Two weeks after we erected it there was a heavy rain storm, the earth turned to liquid mud, and the entire structure took off. The metal framework was twisted out of shape and the cover ripped! Since then I have made sure that every tunnel I build is securely fixed. Most have ground tubes which are concreted into the ground, but at the very least you need some deep bolts which fasten securely into the concrete base. Once the wind gets into action, you would be astounded at the force that is put on even a heavy structure.

Your tunnel is such a good looking structure (I bet it wasn't cheap) that it would be a disaster to lose it in this way. Get somebody with a really big builders' hammer drill to make holes around the base into which you can put some really tough bolts with plugs or concrete.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X